TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday :confused:

As far as I know - unless you've made special arrangements - the park is open Thursday morning until Monday evening.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
That makes more sense :D

I plan on being there that weekend. Lots of jungle gyms with high horsepower should be trying to destroy their junk. Good times for the spectators :cool:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I know this will be a packed weekend, but I'm planning to be there. It will definitely be cool to see all these people floggin' on their rigs for the spectators.

Hope some of ya'll can make it!

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I plan on not wheeling due to the number of people that will be there. Trails are going to be crowded, and I really don't wanna mess with that kinda traffic. The plan is to spectate, as a lot of people will be there with the sole intent of showing off and likely to blow up their junk.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I think I may bring a four-wheeler.

Honestly, I'm truly scared about how some of these people may end up acting, especially after you watch a few youtube videos. This may go without saying, but don't be that guy that drinks all day and acts a fool, especially if driving on the trail. Not sure how this new park manager will react to that, but he could slam the book on some folk.

That being said, I think it'll be a great weekend :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Albert and I will be wheeling for the weekend if anyone brings their rig. Hopefully get there early Thurs.- Sun.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I asked Ty Turner what the rule would be on spectators getting to Greg's Rocks and back. The only way to get through the gate without paying $75 is to drive a "regular vehicle". You cannot bring a 4wheeler or any vehicle that is obviously wheeled without paying for the whole weekend. I didn't get clarification on what will be considered "regular".

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
I asked Ty Turner what the rule would be on spectators getting to Greg's Rocks and back. The only way to get through the gate without paying $75 is to drive a "regular vehicle". You cannot bring a 4wheeler or any vehicle that is obviously wheeled without paying for the whole weekend. I didn't get clarification on what will be considered "regular".
I wonder if our suburban would make it up there without body/undercarriage damage :dunno:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
While I understand that they want to get their money (it is a business), I think that's a little ridiculous. If you don't have transport to be a spectator, then everyone may as well pay to be a driver all weekend. That doesn't make sense to me.

I'll do some digging and see what I find.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
From Ty Turner:

ya gonna have to drive a truck, car or some Non Trailworthy rig To avoid the 75.00. If ya bring a 2011 wrangler, u pay... A z71 u slide

That's what I've been told

It looks like a tow rig will slide. Dunno how this is all going to go down. It's kind of a cluster at this point, I think. The concept is there, but the details are not.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
From Ty Turner:

ya gonna have to drive a truck, car or some Non Trailworthy rig To avoid the 75.00. If ya bring a 2011 wrangler, u pay... A z71 u slide

That's what I've been told

It looks like a tow rig will slide. Dunno how this is all going to go down. It's kind of a cluster at this point, I think. The concept is there, but the details are not.
Well that's good news, although I'm afraid they're gonna have to make some tough judgement calls on vehicles in the "grey area". I'm still excited about it either way and hopefully it turns out well enough to make it a regular thing.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
I edited the thread title so the dates are correct.

I plan on going and just driving my 4Runner up to the top of Squids via the second Loop entrance, and up F40/F41 to HWY 5 for the Greg's Rock action.

This event really needs a shuttle of some sort (if only there were some empty trailers there :rolleyes:), and then the gray area of what's a wheeling rig and what isn't won't be a problem.

I attended a spectator only event back in 2003 at the park and they did the course in the creek that is now Rover Ravine and Bonus Hill just off the Pond Road. I remember having to walk from the parking lot to that (not far mind you), and in the rain. A shuttle would have been nice.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts