TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
From Ty Turner:

ya gonna have to drive a truck, car or some Non Trailworthy rig To avoid the 75.00. If ya bring a 2011 wrangler, u pay... A z71 u slide

That's what I've been told

It looks like a tow rig will slide. Dunno how this is all going to go down. It's kind of a cluster at this point, I think. The concept is there, but the details are not.
Interesting... Wonder if they will let the Taco slide. I mean, it's not a bad to the bone Jeep or anything :D

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Interesting... Wonder if they will let the Taco slide. I mean, it's not a bad to the bone Jeep or anything :D
I doubt they will.. I sure as hell know they wont let my truck in there without paying. Anyone got an extra seat or 2 that's going up on Saturday morning? I can split costs :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm going to try to go. I've never been up there, really want to go check it out. Any of you guys leaving out Saturday morning? If we go (wife and I), we would like to meet up and follow someone up there if possible since we've got no idea where we're going.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
I'm leaving LR for there Saturday morning. Anyone is welcome to follow. My wife and I are going, and will probably do lunch (or dinner) somewhere in town.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I understand their concerns with people not paying to wheel, but it's a little ridiculous to tell people they look like they could wheel what they drove, so they need to pay.

If I wanted to bring out the baddest buggy anyone had seen just to go spectate, I'm still a spectator if I don't ride trails. That kinda cramps my style. Thankfully, I think the park managers know a lot of us and the kind of people we are, so things may get overlooked.

Still think the best idea is for spectator bracelets or different colored stickers for spectator people-toters. But, hey, what do I know...

Regardless of my concerns, I'm looking forward to seeing how this cluster turns out. Could go either way at this point.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm leaving LR for there Saturday morning. Anyone is welcome to follow. My wife and I are going, and will probably do lunch (or dinner) somewhere in town.
Good deal, we'll probably plan on doing the same. I'll post up closer to time, but as of right now it looks like we'll be able to make it.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I doubt they will.. I sure as hell know they wont let my truck in there without paying. Anyone got an extra seat or 2 that's going up on Saturday morning? I can split costs :D
I'll be leaving saturday morning and should have a couple of seats in whatever ride I'm driving. You're more than welcome to ride with me if you'd like.

I Still think the best idea is for spectator bracelets or different colored stickers for spectator people-toters. But, hey, what do I know...

Regardless of my concerns, I'm looking forward to seeing how this cluster turns out. Could go either way at this point.
I'm pretty sure they're planning on giving out bracelets for drivers and spectators, but you can't stop every vehicle on the trails to check for the right colored bracelet.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're planning on giving out bracelets for drivers and spectators, but you can't stop every vehicle on the trails to check for the right colored bracelet.
Stickers on the transport vehicles would help with that. But, a lot of times the park just relies on people being honest.

And how do you know about bracelets? I've not seen or heard anything mentioned.

Put in a PM to Knox and Jared yesterday. Heard from Knox. He's going to check with Rick to see what they're going to do. I mentioned the bracelets and stickers on transport vehicles. He said it was a good idea but he'd check with Rick.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
And how do you know about bracelets? I've not seen or heard anything mentioned.

Put in a PM to Knox and Jared yesterday. Heard from Knox. He's going to check with Rick to see what they're going to do. I mentioned the bracelets and stickers on transport vehicles. He said it was a good idea but he'd check with Rick.
"***Arm bands will be given out at the gate and will need to be worn all weekend***" Second line of the event flyer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'll be leaving saturday morning and should have a couple of seats in whatever ride I'm driving. You're more than welcome to ride with me if you'd like.
Aaron, I might take you up on that offer.

My gf and I will probably come out there to spectate. We might end up just taking her car. As far as getting up and down trails to go spectate though we'll have to hitch a ride with someone. If that's cool with whoever it shall be :)

Is anyone planning on staying out there for the dinner Saturday night?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
"***Arm bands will be given out at the gate and will need to be worn all weekend***" Second line of the event flyer. I love dick. :rolleyes:
Ah. Thank you! I don't believe I've seen the flyer yet.

Is anyone planning on staying out there for the dinner Saturday night?
Tentatively planning to do that. But, depends on number of people. May just go find somewhere else to eat. You're welcome to join, Waldo, if that ends up happening.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts

As of right now, I'm not planning on eating dinner at the park. I guess that just depends on what everyone else decides to do and whether Ashley comes along or not.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ok so I keep changing my mind about this but I've got it down to Yes I will be there, Probably in my Toyota, And Probably showing up Friday and wheeling since I'll have to pay anyway!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I will be running the 4runner on this ride, so I may be able to carry a couple of guys to and from the spectate area.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Damn! Who is running this shindig?
sounds like they are in a bad hurt for money.

I remember the days of $55 events that included all three and even 4 days of wheeling, a years membership to the park, and Saturday meal. :xpopcorn2

21 - 40 of 83 Posts