TTORA Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
sounds like they are in a bad hurt for money.

I remember the days of $55 events that included all three and even 4 days of wheeling, a years membership to the park, and Saturday meal. :xpopcorn2
If they are hurtin' for money, how about charging a fee to compete...

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
sounds like they are in a bad hurt for money.
The issue here is that they're paying out $4500 to the winners of the competition. It's gonna take 60 paid vehicles just to pay that amount, not including whatever fee the park needs to take in. It's not much different than how the jamboree in Gilmer is setup. If you want to get in the gate Jambo weekend, you have to have paid for the whole weekend. It just sucks for folks who want to spectate, but only have one vehicle which happens to be built for mild wheeling.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Yeah, so far this has been a very poorly run venture.

The backbone behind this is Rick Muns, who is promoting a new line of clothing - Alpha Gorilla, or whatever. He's the bankroll behind most of it.

However, it doesn't seem he's actually doing dick to promote it. By the time we get information, it's second or third hand. His contact info is listed, but why the hell should I have to call him and squeeze him like an orange to get information?! This should be him wanting us to come and giving us plenty of reasons to attend, not us begging for info and being allowed to attend.

I'll be there regardless and will contribute a big ole five bones, but it's frustrating to be put through the wringer to try to get info and plan ahead :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
This definitely sounds interesting. I've never heard of this event. I may head over on Saturday after my little boy's ball game. I'll hollar if I get to come.

Jwp

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The issue here is that they're paying out $4500 to the winners of the competition. It's gonna take 60 paid vehicles just to pay that amount, not including whatever fee the park needs to take in. It's not much different than how the jamboree in Gilmer is setup. If you want to get in the gate Jambo weekend, you have to have paid for the whole weekend. It just sucks for folks who want to spectate, but only have one vehicle which happens to be built for mild wheeling.
Make the competitors pay SOMETHING!!

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Meant to post this earlier...

From Promoter Rick Muns here - http://hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=14644.125:

Ok guys I'm going to try to answer some of these questions so there is no confusion!
When you enter the park and you pay to get in whether it's spectator or trail riding. You will be given a color coded wrist band.
If you are paying $75 that covers you and your rig anyone riding has to pay $5 for spectators fee that's 4 days of wheeling or for 1
If you pay to be a spectator you will only be allowed to drive your vehicle to and from the competition. If you are going to be wheeling you will be asked to pay the $75 fee. As a spectator you will still be able to purchase meal tickets and watch the band! We are trying to make this a fun and exciting time and expose new people to the sport and show different rigs and driving styles. This is for ENTERTAINMENT, I promise you will be entertained. There is no other event that is offering more! Come out we will show you a good time whether it's in the comp, on the trail, or at the dinner table hearing great music!

Thank you

Rick Muns
Alpha Gorilla

Looks like a go on driving whatever you want to spectate. You're on your honor to pay accordingly.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Looks like Knox is on a different page than Rick. According to Knox, people will only be allowed to drive to spectate if they are paying to wheel the weekend :rolleyes:

From an email forwarded to me:

From: Superlift Off-Road Vehicle Park <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: event

We will be shuttling spectators to and from Greg's Rocks. If you pay for a rig to ride for the weekend, you can drive to the event.
Knox

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM

if we come to the gorilla run on the 18th of feb. as a spectator, will we be able to drive to gregs rocks to watch this?? I dont plan to do any wheeling that weekend

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Good grief! Three completely different answers to the same question.. I'm just gonna play it safe and drive the honda down. Worst case scenario I can walk to gregs.
I agree completely. I dunno if the plan is changing / evolving, or if people really are on three different pages. I don't know, but it would be really sweet to get an official answer.

I put in another PM to Knox. I'll post up if I find out anything that hasn't already been said / confirmed.

I'm with ya, Aaron. Thinking about getting up early and walking up there with a cooler :D

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Its my understanding that the competitors now have to pay. Well that's what I was told by a competitor. Ill be there regardless. Spending the day spectating and performing what pit duties I can on a friends rig. Quit being such whinebags and just. Bring your rigs. There will be plenty of wheeling time friday and Sunday not to mention after the comps. I wish I hadn't procrastinated so long I would have competed to.

Be sure and come say hello.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Competitors paying for the entrance fee is news to me. Wouldn't be surprised, as they've changed up everything else for this run at least once :D

Meh. I foresee a cluster eff on the trails and a huge headache trying to navigate the park in a rig.

No thanks. For $5, I'll just watch, make engine noises, and pretend like I drive the baddest rig out there :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
For those headed up on Saturday from the LR area, what time are you pulling out?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The gf and I will be leaving Little Rock around 8 or 9am. Hopefully I can get in touch with someone. Do you guys have an idea of what trail(s) yall are wanting to spectate first or what..... ? Maybe have a central meeting area? I have a feeling the 'shuttling service' is gonna be nuckin futs!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
The gf and I will be leaving Little Rock around 8 or 9am. Hopefully I can get in touch with someone. Do you guys have an idea of what trail(s) yall are wanting to spectate first or what..... ? Maybe have a central meeting area? I have a feeling the 'shuttling service' is gonna be nuckin futs!
The actual competition is at gregs rocks. I think everyone is expecting to head to the bounty trail from there. After that, I have no clue what'll happen

41 - 60 of 83 Posts