TTORA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Any of you guys care to meet and drive up together? I've never been, would like to follow someone up and have someone show us around since I've got no idea where I'm headed.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Any of you guys care to meet and drive up together? I've never been, would like to follow someone up and have someone show us around since I've got no idea where I'm headed.
I'd meet you but I'm unsure when I'm leaving. I don't have a schedule yet, and will probably get there when I get there. :D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Would be nice to have a central meeting place, but I'm not sure where that should be and when. I have a feeling this is going to be a wild weekend.

Comp starts at 10 on Greg's Rocks. Then Bounty Hill immediately following that, I believe. I've heard the John Deere buggy - "Plow Boy" - has a set of bolted tires he's running for the bounty hill. That could be pretty wild :eek:

I'll be there Friday night to drop off some stuff and again Saturday morning. Probably be in little Timmy Tacoma. I'll be that guy screamin', "Where's Waldo?!!!" :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks guys. Domino, I'll see what time I can get around, may try to meet you there at 8. I may have to go get some tires installed on Saturday morning (if the get here in time). If so, I'll have to come up later in the day. I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Ill be there! im from MS so ill def want to stay out there. im bringing a tent :cool: any of yall know what the camping is like? is there many spots?
when BJ was there he never turned anybody away that wanted to camp.

if you manage to get a camp site in the creek area and it starts raining really hard GET OUT

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
with all the walking thats going to be involved I'm out. I'll see yall in Gilmer unless something comes up in March

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Evidently the place is nuts.. 100+ rigs and counting already. If we have any chance of sticking together we need to figure out a time/place meeting area first. That would be best. I have a feeling the shuttle for spectators is gonna be like waiting to ride the best ride at the fair.

·
Registered
357 Posts
^ I agree. It may even be better to meet up off site.

On another note, I've seen quite a few wicked looking rigs in town over the past couple of days. Looks like a good turn out. They are saying 70% chance of rain too, which should make it interesting.:D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I'm afraid a central meeting place just isn't going to happen. Too many people showing up at different times from different places. We'll link up eventually.

Just listen for the guy screaming, "Where's Waldo?!!!" :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Think I'm gonna miss this one after all. I've got parts piling up, gonna try to get some work done to the 4runner. It'll be ready to hit the trails after this weekend, will try join you guys next time.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Thank you Daniel for tow strapping my dumb ass up Squids. Lesson learned: 2WD stock 4Runner won't make it up or down a 3 rated, rock infested, mud slick trail. :eek:

I still don't know why I tried that. I guess I was looking for parking. :D I was off my game today. Seeing so many rigs and people at the park, combined with my wife being there for once, and riding the main roads in my 4Runner, scrambled my brain.

Anyways, the park was crazy as expected. I only stayed till 2:30 or so. We started in the middle of Gregs and worked our way up to the ledge at the end. I've never seen so many rigs at the park. The entire hill between Squids and Gregs was mowed down and turned into a crawler parking lot from the Rock Garden to the top at Hwy 5. It was packed!

·
Registered
281 Posts
No problem Josh glad I could help! Yeah gotta say that probably wasn't the Best idea to find a parking spot! We had a lot of fun watching the race but even more at Bounty Hill that was crazy! Got me wanting to build a buggy that runs a corvette motor on racing fuel.... :D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Aaron and I kept saying, "That can't be Josh. Surely he wouldn't try to come down Squid's." When we finally saw the stickers on the back glass, we knew it was Josh. All is well that ends well :D

I'm still in awe of this weekend. Comp was okay. Quite disorganized. Bounty was sweet when they finally decided to start jumping. I've got a nut-swinger trophy in the mail. Can't wait to put it on the mantle and polish it every night :D

Waldo, never heard a peep from you. Did you make it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sorry Josh, don't guess I saw you running the 4Runner. Did see a lot of people and rigs, even a few people I know.
It was a great time and the whole weekend got me fired up about the coming season.

Webshots folder

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Waldo, never heard a peep from you. Did you make it?
No, grrr!! The girlfriend had been a little under the weather all week, slowly getting worse. I was hoping it would clear up, or be stable, but by Saturday morning it pretty much hit her like a brick wall. So I did the responsible thing and stayed with her. I'm sure there will be more events in the future and I hope everyone in charge takes advantage of the experience to make the next one less disorganized. Heard it was a good turnout though. Saw vids of bounty hill, that looked crazy! Who's the one who ripped the whole front axle out from under it?

61 - 80 of 83 Posts