TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im looking at getting some manual hubs for my truck and had a few questions. I tried serching but didnt find what i needed. I can get a good deal on some brand new serperwinch manual hubs. Ive hurd around the board that nothing is as good as the asin ones but i haven't hurd anything bad about superwinch ones either. So i guess my question is does anybody run these or know someone who does? And how do they hold up?

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I don't know anyone who runs Superwinch hubs on a Toyota. The one person I know who used to run them (on a Jeep) switched to Warns after breaking the Superwinch's.

Aisin ("unbreakable") or Warn (lifetime warranty) are the only ways to go IMHO. Note that if there's one part on the truck that I don't mind so much if it breaks, it's the hubs. If it means the hubs go, or a CV or a ring and pinion, I'll take hub(s) any day!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I think im going to get the superwinch ones for now because im a broke collage student. And right now i really only use it for some camping and lake trips. The guys that are braking them are locked front and rear with gears. So until i get the money for that i will upgrade them. Ive got the automatic ones that work when they want to. So anything is better than what i got now. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
How do you have auto ones on a 85?

Buy some Aisins..Spend the money now rather than twice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts