TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I brought the truck to SidCo 4x4 in Glencoe, Mn. We worked out a decent deal, which I believe is right, but we'll see for when it turns out complete.

Original start of talk/ advice http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151778

Specs: Simple leaf sprung swap,
Front Axle-

-1976 Ford F-150 Dana 44 HP RS.
-5" lift springs, Marlin Crawler
-5.38 Gears, Superior Axle and Gear
-Powertrax No-slip locker, Just Differentials
-300M U-joints, Longfield axle
-Warn Premium Hubs
-Reid Racing Knuckles

Rear Axle-

-1976 Ford F-150 9"
-1.5" lift springs, WheelersOffRoad
-2" AAL, Fabtech
-5.43 Gears, Superior Axle and Gear
-Powertrax No-slip locker, Just Differentials

I had purchased almost every part myself, leaving all the fabrication to the shop. Shop is providing me a driveline, and steering links.

I am sticking with the 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern, since I had the matching ford 9" and didn't want to convert everything.

Total Cost = $ 9,661:eek:

Truck as of last week of IFS-

Now -

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good to see that you are going for it:D
Like I said in your other thread, get down to the shop as often as you can just so that you have a better understanding of how your truck works.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to see that you are going for it:D
Like I said in your other thread, get down to the shop as often as you can just so that you have a better understanding of how your truck works.
I will try, the shop is over 70 miles, and I have no vehicle right now :eek:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called the shop yesterday, and they had a project pushed back, so when they are done with that, they are starting on mine.

He said friday he will start work measurements, making sure everything will align correctly.

Next week he will work on the axles, prepping them before putting them on.

By Wednesday he hopes to start cutting :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No updates yet :( I talked to the guy tuesday and the only thing he did was unload the truck, take out all the parts and gave me a list of what I had, just incase I forgot anything. He had said my truck was next to begin work on and that they would start it real soon.

I asked him about being there to watch him as he worked type of deal, he said he didn't care if I was there, only if I had health insurance...Well so glad I got laid off and lost my benefits 2 weeks ago. :(

I'm sure today he has yet to make any cuts, so who knows how fucking long it'll take I suppose.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I feel your pain.. well, somewhat.

I can't blame it on a shop though. I just need to drive 3 hours up the road and work on my junk some more. It's just sitting there waiting for me.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel your pain.. well, somewhat.

I can't blame it on a shop though. I just need to drive 3 hours up the road and work on my junk some more. It's just sitting there waiting for me.
Yeah its no fun playing the hurry up and wait game :(

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Just an FYI, you'll need something else to get level in the rear. With 5" springs, you're easily looking at around a 25-26" Frame hieght. This is roughly 7-8" over stock ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just an FYI, you'll need something else to get level in the rear. With 5" springs, you're easily looking at around a 25-26" Frame hieght. This is roughly 7-8" over stock ;)
True. I am hopeing with the shackles and the springs right now it'll be enough.. I believe i have 8" shackles, with a 6" and 5" hole cut in them from bud built. the springs right now are currently 3.5" over stock.

Updates...

He said end of next week he will have the steering hooked up.. So basically should be done by then, i'm hopeing.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
sweet man....glad you're getting started on it!!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Nice I've been watching this build since you started questioning about it, glad to see you took my advice about the lower gears. Make sure you get over there and take plenty of pics throughout the process should be quite the build based off the parts you've gathered.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sweet man....glad you're getting started on it!!!
Yeah I am too man, I am glad you got yours done and rolling to! :cool:

Nice I've been watching this build since you started questioning about it, glad to see you took my advice about the lower gears. Make sure you get over there and take plenty of pics throughout the process should be quite the build based off the parts you've gathered.
Yes you have! :) I did take your advise on the gears, but I ended up going with 37" tires instead of 35, 100 mile use 37/12.5/r15 MTRs for $700, can't pass that up ;)

I will try to get down there as much as possible, he said he would be taking pictures throughout the build so I can post them, and see progression.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What could I get for $ wise on:

- IFS junk.. 4.10 gears, rack leaks, new custom 2" lift coils / bilstein 5150's?

- Stock rear with powertrax lockright?

The guy at the shop said maybe he would buy the parts and take a labor discount off, but he hasn't offered a price amount yet... Otherwise IDK what to do with the pile? :confused:

·
Registered
157 Posts
What could I get for $ wise on:

- IFS junk.. 4.10 gears, rack leaks, new custom 2" lift coils / bilstein 5150's?

- Stock rear with powertrax lockright?

The guy at the shop said maybe he would buy the parts and take a labor discount off, but he hasn't offered a price amount yet... Otherwise IDK what to do with the pile? :confused:
Front diff $100
CV's $40 each
Coils $300?
Rear 3rd $350-400?
Tell him he can have all of it for $700 off labor, or post up some feelers and see what people are wanting to pay.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts