TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I need your all encompassing knowledge. I have searched a lot, that’s where I got the plan for these parts, but I realize I am a newb, so feel free to flame if you must, but please insert some valuable information with the flame haha.
I am planning on lifting my 07 x-cab sport. This is what I have planned, if you have any other suggestions, or think I should change anything let me know, you guys are a lot better at this than me.

Front:
D-Hoe Coilovers
TC UCA

Rear:
D-Hoe Res.
Deaver 10 pack

Does this sound good to you guys? Is there anything you would change, or anything that is of equal reliability that would be cheaper? I know toytec is a lot cheaper, but how do they compare? If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. THANKS A LOT GUYS!

Ohh also, where is a good place to purchase these? Cheapest place preferably?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Your good to go that is the best mid-travel setup you can get. you will be very happy with it, go for it. As for where to buy either wheelers or demello.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, I have had some people on other forums suggest Toytec. But I want to ask you because you’re the most knowledgeable.

Basically I want to build an EXPEDITION RIG, so I don’t need it to be the best rock crawler or desert racer, or anything, but be able to holds its own in a little of everything. Would the toytec be sufficient? I could really use the money I’d save going this way, but I don’t want to purchase the toytec and regret it later.
I’m also throwing an ARB and other armor on, so I need it to be able to handle the extra weight.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
IMO if you dont plan to do hi-speed stuff where you will be launching up and down on the susp you dont need the hoe's.... I would look at the OME 886's from toytec. For the rear I prefer airbags for rigs that will haul a ton of weight. The firestones are my favortie due to mounting but cant be used on any spring but OEM.. so if you change leaves, add a block, or a AAL you will need to use the air ride bags... but thats just my .02

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey guys, I have had some people on other forums suggest Toytec. But I want to ask you because you’re the most knowledgeable.

Basically I want to build an EXPEDITION RIG, so I don’t need it to be the best rock crawler or desert racer, or anything, but be able to holds its own in a little of everything. Would the toytec be sufficient? I could really use the money I’d save going this way, but I don’t want to purchase the toytec and regret it later.
I’m also throwing an ARB and other armor on, so I need it to be able to handle the extra weight.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Dude... you are like my double...

I am going for the same thing - an expedition rig that is going to get me into (and out of) where ever I want to go. I plan on going with Donahoe UCA's along with the CO's - I believe they are engineered to work together, and with the UCA's you can get the extended version CO's. In the rear I am going with Donahoe reservoir shocks and the Dakar leaf pack - from what I have read it has almost the flex as the deavers but will stand up to the weight better. If you don't like the added height you can remove the OL leaf which drops it over 0.5"

You really can't go wrong either way, it is mostly personal preference.

Check out TACODOC's rig - it is exactly what I am going for - damn I love that demello rack...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have that exact setup but with Bilsteins in the rear. It works great for everything I've thrown at it. IMO if you're going to add the front bumper and winch, you need the extra weight capacity of the new coilovers. The Toyotec is a good kit, but you will get some sagging with that much weight. It added about 140 lbs up front. BTW, get the extended travel coilovers if you're getting the new UCA's.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
are you doing the extended length hoes or just a regular coilover?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have that exact setup but with bilsteins in the rear. it works great for everything I've thrown at it. IMO if you're going to add the front bumper and winch, you need the extra weoght capacity of the new coilovers. The Toyotec is a good kit, but you will get some sagging with that much up front. It added about 140 lbs up front. BTW, get the extebded travel coilovers if you're gettong the new UCA's.

Thanks, NICE TRUCK :clap:
Ive heard that you can upgrade to a better set of bilsteins for the front to get rid of the sag. which is probaly what I'd end up doing. Im just not sure beause if i go that route its half the price, and im a firm beleiver in "you get what you pay for" but I'd LIKE to pay the least..haha

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you doing the extended length hoes or just a regular coilover?
Hmmm i don't know, i like the sound of the extended length, but I'll have to do some reasearch before I can answer that, if they're not too much more, why not, if I'm going with D-hoes, I'm already spending a lot..haha. I'll go do some reasearch on them though, I havent heard of them yet.:confused:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You might want to consider the Dakars and bil 5150 or 5125's for the rear. I just mounted a set of 10 inch 5125's and will be doing a big post regarding these early next week. They require some mods to take full advantage of the stroke length, so I'll keep you guys posted. I'll have lots of pics also.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've done a number of coil, spacer, AAL, and leafpack lifts on other make vehicles, always suffering some kind of dissatisfaction with them....crazy bump steer, vibrations, severe negative ride characteristics, etc. Seemed like I was forever digging into my wallet for upgrades and wrenching on them to get them right.

The heavy duty OME886/Dakar package as listed by trdparts4u.com was suspension lift perfection, right out of the box. The suspension has been cycled both on and off road a number of times and I'm still netting 2"F/3"R lift with ARB, 8K winch, sliders, and a 600# box in the bed. Truck's smooth as glass on the highway with no brake diving or cornering wallow. It handles so sweet the wife's been driving it instead of her Camry.

In searches you'll find cautionary words regarding front sag over time and rough use. When that happens, I'll go with SAW 2.0 coilovers but, for the time being, I'm satisfied I made the right choice and got the best results for combined on road/intermediate off road performance and trailer pulling.

Good luck with your build and regards,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts