TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've just installed the camburg uca's and the donahoe extended coilovers and im currently running 265/75/r16 bf at tires. what is the biggest size tire i can clear (if any)? if i cant clear it, can i use a spacer kit for the extra height on top of already having the aftermarket suspension?

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Are you a PreRunner or 4WD?

With your current suspension setup you could most likely clear 33 x 12.50's by doing the pinch weld mod.

...If you're a PreRunner you can crank your coilovers all the way up and add a small (1/4" - 1/2") spacer to the top, and your only real concern would be a shitty ride.

...If you're 4WD, w/ ADD - you will kill your CV's at anything over 2.5"

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
no you dont want a spacer on donahoes. you can raise it 2.5" max with ADD. other than that a 1" body lift will help clear tires. most guys run 285/75/16 with that lift, the pinch welld mod, and atleast 4" BS

also.. you only have 4" (4.5" with extended CO's) of downtravel if you go raising it a bunch it will take away all your downtravel. and you dont want to do that.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
...One more thing - for a little perspective

~If this was a good idea - running coilovers with a spacer - you would see a lot of guys doing it. There are a hell of a lot of extremely knowlegable guys on here, and I don't know of anybody doing that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, its a pre-runner, 2wd, and when you say pinch weld mod, what does that mean exactly? what is the difference between 33/12.50 and 285/75? and im definitely going to keep the coilovers at 2". also, i'm running 4.56 gears, what gears would i need to upgrade to if i went with the 33/12.50 or 285/75

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
HBtaco said:
ok, its a pre-runner, 2wd, and when you say pinch weld mod, what does that mean exactly? what is the difference between 33/12.50 and 285/75? and im definitely going to keep the coilovers at 2". also, i'm running 4.56 gears, what gears would i need to upgrade to if i went with the 33/12.50 or 285/75

4.56's are fine, thats what im going to change mine to. heres a metric to standard tire converter http://www.raingler.com/tech/metricTire.asp ..33.12.5 is about an inch wider is all.search in the cheap tricks section for pinch weld mod, you basically have to beat the pinch weld on your cab with a hammer. your still going to rub alittle bit if you offroad at 2" but if you wanna cut shit youll be ok.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Pinch Weld Mod

If you're a PreRunner you can crank your C/O's as much as you want with no worries, really. You don't have CV's to worry about. 4.56 Gears will be fine for 33/12.50 or 285/75.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'd crank them, but i dont really want a shitty ride. plus they were just installed so i am not exactly sure what i am doing quite yet

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
HBtaco said:
hey jeremy, can i trust this website to be an accurate description of making sure i know what gears i am running? http://www.wattora.com/mods/gears/index.html?

are yours stock ? yes check your door code and decifer it and that will tell you what stock gears you have, which is probably 4.10's if they arent stock there is another way to check. ill have to look for the thread about that, unless somone else knows,. but you gotta jack up the rear end and turn the tires and count the number of driveshaft turns and wheel turns

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my gears, ya

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, my door code said b04a and according to that website i've got 4:56, so i really hope thats right

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sweet, thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts