TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Toyota Tacoma and I was looking into getting a lift. I have 31x10.50's and they rubb when I turn to the extreme left or right. I want a noticicable lift. What is the best for the money. Thanks! here is a pic so you can see I need a lift.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
So many answers, so little time! Your best bet would to use the search button above and erase this thread, as a question such as this will distrub the elders enough to put the fires in their eyes and the flames upon your butt!

Look into OEM though, decent suspension lift for moderate amount of money. Higher end stuff would be Donhoe's. Just to get you started.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
So many answers, so little time! Your best bet would to use the search button above and erase this thread, as a question such as this will distrub the elders enough to put the fires in their eyes and the flames upon your butt!

Look into OEM though, decent suspension lift for moderate amount of money. Higher end stuff would be Donhoe's. Just to get you started.
OME...???:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is OME? I want the complete kit, I think maybe just blocks in the back to save some cash

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
:flipoff2:

you knew what I meant!:D guess I need to slow down a bit and not be in such a hurry!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
What is OME? I want the complete kit, I think maybe just blocks in the back to save some cash
OME=Old man Emu.

a subsiderary of ARB out of Australia. Actually it is not a complete kit although I believe they have means for you to build upon it to make it a complete kit.

But you need to go with something like Deaver springs or even maybe Alcans.

You do it half assed with blocks you are really going to suffer from it. Blocks are evil! too many bad things can happen with blocks…unless you never plan to wheel it and stay in the mall parking lots…then blocks would surfice.

(damn my spelling is way off today! sorry)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I will do the blocks in the back and maybe add a leaf, but what is the best for the front for the money. I dont want to spend a lot of money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I guess I will do the blocks in the back and maybe add a leaf, but what is the best for the front for the money. I dont want to spend a lot of money.
Try to stay away from blocks. Add-a-leafs and/or shackles will be better than blocks. Coilovers are probably the best bet for the front if you are only looking for a couple of inches of lift. No personal experience with the coilovers, that is just based off what I have read. The Cornfed spacers have worked well for me. May be worth looking at if you don't want to put to much money in the lift.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Go to www.toyteclifts.com and check their shit out. You can go with spacer lifts up front, or better yet (since your coils are probably getting old) you can get Old Man Emu coilovers for pretty cheap. I HIGHLY suggest you go with alcan AALs over blocks, since this will worsen a taco's propensity for axle wrap. The best thought would be new leafs packs, with deavers known for super flex and OME dakars known for load bearing capacity (dakars can be had @ www.wheelersoffroad.com and other sites that I can't think of at the moment). Get new shocks too, because the stockers will be too short for your new lift.

This is your freebie, if you ask common questions later on, people will flame the hell out of you ;). Use the search to avoid an unpleasant experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the coilover in the front. You'll be able to get a leaneant maximum of 2.5inches. With this amount of clearance up front you will be sure to clear those 31's. The size width of rim matters too. The coilover remedy for now will probably not give much clearance if your running 12'' wide rims, but will do perfect for 10" wide rims(the rims stretches tires out). For the back. Your best bet would be some add-a-leafs with some nitro shocks or bilsteins. The block will give you problems with your e-brake line and brake proportioning valve(the skinny iron rod that connects down to your axle). If you would like to find something else. Get the daystar lifts. with the spacers and shackle.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/PPT985T5491.aspx:rolleyes:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
did you get longer rear shocks? it is a PITA to put the stock ones on with a lift and you will be limiting your travel because they will now be too short.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I will be putting the longer shocks on prob next week when I get paid lol. Has anyone had any experience with these kits? any comments? Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea I am goin to put the longer ones in a couple of weeks. I get paid next thursday lol. They said it would be alright as long as I dont get the rear suspention to tweaked out of proportion. Has anyone tried this type of kit? Any comments on it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts