TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2001 tacoma, I don't know to much about the 2007 yet. I plan on getting a double cab, long bed. I plan on right away getting the camburg coils and uca with the deaver rear, knowing that do I need the trd o/r or sport package?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I've got a 2001 tacoma, I don't know to much about the 2007 yet. I plan on getting a double cab, long bed. I plan on right away getting the camburg coils and uca with the deaver rear, knowing that do I need the trd o/r or sport package?
dont need either if you are replacing them.... but you cant get a TR O/R on a DC LB.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
the TRD Sport pkg also comes with the LSD (limited slip rear diff) so if you don't want/need that I wouldn't bother with the pkg if you plan on swapping out the suspension.

only the TRD Off-road pkg has the rear locker which is worth keeping ;)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
IMO get the SR5 and dump the rest of the money into suspension and other mods.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
IMO get the SR5 and dump the rest of the money into suspension and other mods.
For sure... unless the toyota packaging screws that up, or you want a few of the features... but really if all you are getting a TRD for is the locker put that $$ into a ARB, and other goodies.. The SR5 package has all the creature comforts of the TRD so your good there...

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
For sure... unless the toyota packaging screws that up, or you want a few of the features... but really if all you are getting a TRD for is the locker put that $$ into a ARB, and other goodies.. The SR5 package has all the creature comforts of the TRD so your good there...
how much extra are those two TRD pkgs? $4k or something? that will buy a lot of much-better aftermarket goodies ;)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The TRD package itself is 3045 MSRP or 2445 Invoice and includes

TRD Off-Road Package: Offroad Tuned Susp w/ Bilstein Shocks, 16" Alloy Wheels w/P265/70R16 BF Goodrich Tires, Locking Rear Diff, Engine Skid Plate, Fr Tow Hook, 115V/400W Deck Mtd Power Point, Fog Lamps, Remote Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Variable Speed Wipers, Multifunction O/H Console w/Compass & Temp Gauge, Chrome Grille Surround & Rr Bumper, Color-Keyed Fr Bumper & Overfenders, Sliding Rr Window w/Privacy Glass, Sport Seats w/Drvr Lumbar Support in place of Bucket Seats, Sport Fabric Trim, Metallic Tone Instr Panel Trim, Leather Strng Wheel & Shifter, Sunvisors w/Mirrors & Extenders, TRD Offroad Graphics..

Depending on where you live is what comes with it. .the only thing I have noticed that is on every TRD truck in 07 is the tow package, 650 MSRP, 520 Invoice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.