TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 toyota pickup with a straight axle conversion. Has 4 inch trail gear lift and 2 inch body. Its on 35's. A lot to list on the truck. But i have just got a 94 4runner thats all stock. I wanna put the running gear off the truck to the 4runner. I have seen that the 4runner has a coil over set up in the rear. Im not sure on whats best to do. Any ideas? Just put the leaf set up on the 4runner? And will the leaf springs be able to hold up? Or leaf in front and 4 link the rear? Trying to keep it on a cheap budget. But im new to the four wheeling world. And not sure on what to do thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Any problems with 1991 4x4 with front solid axle? The cheapest thing is keep stock 4Runner stock, stock. It will cost time and some money to swap suspension parts between vehicles.

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
Most of the rear lifts I've seen for that model seem to favor LC springs or some other heavier spring to gain lift. Not many go through the effort of 4 linking the rear unless they want to completely redo the rear suspension.

Leaf sprung front with that 85 axle should be a pretty straight forward swap into the 4runner. I'm not sure what springs you have now, but they should do fine on the 4runner. You could bastardize the springs if you need to add a leaf for more weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The springs are a trail gear leaf spring. Front axle i got is good. So then you think i should be good just swapping from the truck to the 4runner? I think thats what i will do. Then if i need to pick the rear up just add onto the leaf. I wasnt sure if i should do that or try and find like a full size leaf. But if you think i should be good that route im going to try it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Leaf sprung front with that 85 axle should be a pretty straight forward swap into the 4runner. I'm not sure what springs you have now, but they should do fine on the 4runner. You could bastardize the springs if you need to add a leaf for more weight.
+1 Swapping the front pickup axle & leafs into the 4runner will be a cheap, easy first step with good payoff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I planned on doing the front axle swap. Just wasn't sure if i should link the rear or leaf spring. And if the leafs could hold up. Im going to try it out and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts