TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 95.5 Tacoma with 31x10.5r15s. My diff gearing is 4.27 and engine is 2.7.

What would I have to do to put 33s on it? I know a 2 inch suspension lift would clear those tires, but would the gearing give me problems? And suspension lift wise, it was suggested to me to get shock mounting blocks for up front (I think that's what it was, sorry, Newb) and then a single add a leaf for the back. Would this be the best way to go?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Voimakas said:
I currently have a 95.5 Tacoma with 31x10.5r15s. My diff gearing is 4.27 and engine is 2.7.

What would I have to do to put 33s on it? I know a 2 inch suspension lift would clear those tires, but would the gearing give me problems? And suspension lift wise, it was suggested to me to get shock mounting blocks for up front (I think that's what it was, sorry, Newb) and then a single add a leaf for the back. Would this be the best way to go?
i got the same engine, same gears...4.30s, and i love the combo with 33's so far. I have 4 inches of lift and don't rub anymore, but my truck has a lot of :saw: up front, thats where your prob is gonna be.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
did you put those 4.30s in your truck? They didn't come in your year truck. Are you guessing your gearing by using that chart?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't put 4.30s in my truck. I thought I had 4.27s in my diffs because of the chart.

Oops?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Voimakas said:
I didn't put 4.30s in my truck. I thought I had 4.27s in my diffs because of the chart.

Oops?
do this... this will tell ya :kewl:

HERE

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
B03A

So 4.10s. Thank you!

And why was the gear chart thing off that much? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Voimakas said:
B03A

So 4.10s. Thank you!

And why was the gear chart thing off that much? Any ideas?
that chart was to show optimal gear ratios for tire sizes on what you wanna do with your truck...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, other then having to take a skillsaw to my front fenders, any other issues with running 33s and a 2 inch suspension lift on my truck (gear or otherwise)?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
with 4.10's and 33's, you'll be boggn' yer engine down!! I'd prolly go as high as 32's with yer gears! after that you might wanna think about regearing!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
check out the OME lifts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Voimakas said:
So, other then having to take a skillsaw to my front fenders, any other issues with running 33s and a 2 inch suspension lift on my truck (gear or otherwise)?
your gonna need more then 2" or a shit ton of :saw:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So getting a 2" suspension lift and 32s then....? This truck would be my daily driver and I can't lift it too far or I end up with my fiance trying to kill me (she's about 5'1").

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
are you planning on wheeln' the truck? if not... then you don't really need a lift... you'll be fine... you'll rub a little but nothing a BFH wont' take care of! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to do some wheeling, but I'm not going to do much of anything with it until I've done some modifications. Would 32s not rub? And the newbiest newb question: what is BFH?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
if you wheel... 32's will rub without a suspension lift... if you didn't wheel... then no suspension lift...

BFH = Big Fawkn' Hammer!! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the main culprit (issue wise) for tire rubbing would be the front wheelwells. But I can fix that with a saw and a BFH. How much chopping we talking about here?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
each tire is different... so you'll just have to chop... then wheel and find out if you need more chopn'!! ;)

Some plastic may be takn' away... and some metal bashed... but each is different! Have fun! it's a good stress reliever

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, it depends on how much money you want to spend. Spacers up front and an AAL in the rear would be relatively.....inexpensive. For more $$ you could replace the the front coils or do coilovers; in the rear completely replace the leaf springs with new one such as Deavers or Alcans.

As for the gearing, if you regear, go all the way. There's no point in regearing to 4.56 "just to run 33's" when soon you'll just want to run 4.88's or lower - it's expensive. And if you do regear, add a locker at the same time, it'll be cheaper than to wait and add one later, which you'll want to do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts