TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 99 taco 4 banger 4x4 regular cab want to lift it, been doing some research, considering either old man emu full kit or fabtech 3.5 in. Dirt Logic Coilover System with Dirt Logic Shocks, both about the same price.....wondering if anyone had any input....also wanting to know if i should run 32x11.50/15s or 33x10.50/15s, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
947 Posts
hwn3nc said:
got a 99 taco 4 banger 4x4 regular cab want to lift it, been doing some research, considering either old man emu full kit or fabtech 3.5 in. Dirt Logic Coilover System with Dirt Logic Shocks, both about the same price.....wondering if anyone had any input....also wanting to know if i should run 32x11.50/15s or 33x10.50/15s, thanks everyone!
I have the exact truck and have been researching this for over a year. It really depends on what you will use it for, bumpers you plan to run, and a whole lot of other shit. If I back out of doing the SAS, I will go with the OME 882's with the OME Daker rear leafs, and OME shocks all around. This entire setup is about the price of good coilovers ($900). If I did this, I will buy the 33X10.50 BFG MT's and run them on 15X8 Procomp black alloys from wheelers. I like the look of the tall/slim tire and you gain extra lift than the 32, and they will not rub. I am not familar with the Dirt Logic stuff your talking about, but I have ran OME stuff before and liked it. I do not plan to run an ARB or anything real heavy up front. I also like to light rockcrawl and would use it to go camping and on adventure type trips. This stuff have been covered in about 1000 different posts, you just have to get crafty with your serches. Every question you have has probably been answered, just continue to search, you will find what your looking for.

Oh yea, with your setup your going to gain close to 3" with the OME setup in the front based on what I have read. I have manual hubs and it would be fine, however, if you have ADD it would be pushing it, you would have problems going over 2.5" (I think thats what the limit is).

·
Registered
444 Posts
careful about how much lift you throw on your ride... imho, i agree with what jhunter said - 2.5" would be about the most to go with a reg cab 4cyl. my cv's couldn't handle 3" - i did not have manual hubs.

people on this board like OME stuff. if you go the coilover route, check out some of the sponsors websites, and spend some time cruising around in the suspension folder and read through some of the older posts relating to these topics. lots of options are out there! have fun and good luck in the build-up!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it!! I think i am gonna do the ome but still trying to get a handle on what size tires i want to do....thanksa again!

·
Registered
947 Posts
hwn3nc said:
thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it!! I think i am gonna do the ome but still trying to get a handle on what size tires i want to do....thanksa again!
33X10.50 or 32X11.50 seem to be the two larger options. Anything larger will rub. Either of these would be a good choice IMO. I think tderose is running the 32's with the OME setup. Search his username, he has some good pictures of his truck and the buildup. Its a single cab as well. It looks really good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts