TTORA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would i have to upgrade the suspension on a stock 97 4runner to run a TJM bullbar, without a winch in it? The tjm 15 weighs 120ish lbs and the 17 weighs 80ish. The only thing attached to the bars would be two lights. I plan on adding a winch later, and i know i would need new suspension there. So do i need to upgrade using an after market bumper?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
most people are gonna say coilovers. but the t-17 doesnt seem that heavy. you could look into the OME 882s if your gonna go with an aftermarket bumper. if you ever put a winch in it coilovers are gonna be the best bet.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the question is can i run an aftermarket bumper with stock suspension for a bit of time?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
my tjm crumpled like a tin can
go arb or all pro
please im begging you..even though i just fixed the bumper i had not enough to upgrade....

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking tjm because i currently live 15 miles from their distrabution facilities.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I was thinking tjm because i currently live 15 miles from their distrabution facilities.
fair enough...but think about it..I have hit things with it and it was fine but the time it mattered most it failed me
REASON #1!! and the only one needed
im 18 right...ok..so..Granted it was my fault but i hit my buddy who i grew up with in his rear(chevy) cost me 1k to fix my truck
almost 2 for him...
so im 2k in debt hahaa granted my rents paid for it but now i got to pay them back..
im just saying...my :2cents:
but i love the way it looks:)hahaa just not how it has performed recently

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
But the question is can i run an aftermarket bumper with stock suspension for a bit of time?
yes...mine is stock..runs like normal

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hit one of my friends too with my old range rover, i had a brush guard. I totally smashed his back bumper and no damage to the range rover. Of course i was going like 15-20ish in the mud when i hit him, he was stuck.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

Yes, you should be fine for a while. I had my ARB with a winch in it on stock TRD suspension for 3 weeks and it made it just fine. I was also running 265/75/R16 tires on the truck at the time. I would upgrade to OME or coilovers eventually though. You might get the notion to buy a winch after you have a bull bar on the truck.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, i plan on buying an aftermarket bumper, then within a yearish hopefully new suspension ( most likely ome), and then further down the road a winch.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
whatever you decide good luck and post pics..
but allpro makes good s**
plus ima fan of tube

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

What you guys think of that bumper?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
CBI makes some badass plate bumpers too...
havnt looked into them.,..
but off topic real quick i thought you were GA-ttora not TN..just wondering..
on topic...
haha

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiToy.html
is there website.

They are in douglasville ga, and pretty good price. I think for that bumper its like 600 bucks for it. I think i found what i am gonna go with in a bumper.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I emailed the guy about more information on the bars.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I emailed the guy about more information on the bars.
o..iheard they are dicks...(i live in GA)..just passing on what i hear..but this dude who live near me i pass everyday to school has one of thier bumpers looks sweet tho...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.