TTORA Forum banner

Suspension with a new bumper

1K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  REDTACOtjm123 
#1 ·
Would i have to upgrade the suspension on a stock 97 4runner to run a TJM bullbar, without a winch in it? The tjm 15 weighs 120ish lbs and the 17 weighs 80ish. The only thing attached to the bars would be two lights. I plan on adding a winch later, and i know i would need new suspension there. So do i need to upgrade using an after market bumper?

Thanks

#2 ·
most people are gonna say coilovers. but the t-17 doesnt seem that heavy. you could look into the OME 882s if your gonna go with an aftermarket bumper. if you ever put a winch in it coilovers are gonna be the best bet.

#3 ·
But the question is can i run an aftermarket bumper with stock suspension for a bit of time?

#7 ·
yes...mine is stock..runs like normal

#4 ·
my tjm crumpled like a tin can
go arb or all pro
please im begging you..even though i just fixed the bumper i had not enough to upgrade....

#5 ·
I was thinking tjm because i currently live 15 miles from their distrabution facilities.

#6 ·
fair enough...but think about it..I have hit things with it and it was fine but the time it mattered most it failed me
REASON #1!! and the only one needed
im 18 right...ok..so..Granted it was my fault but i hit my buddy who i grew up with in his rear(chevy) cost me 1k to fix my truck
almost 2 for him...
so im 2k in debt hahaa granted my rents paid for it but now i got to pay them back..
im just saying...my :2cents:
but i love the way it looks:)hahaa just not how it has performed recently

#8 ·
I hit one of my friends too with my old range rover, i had a brush guard. I totally smashed his back bumper and no damage to the range rover. Of course i was going like 15-20ish in the mud when i hit him, he was stuck.

#10 ·
Yeah, i plan on buying an aftermarket bumper, then within a yearish hopefully new suspension ( most likely ome), and then further down the road a winch.

#11 ·
whatever you decide good luck and post pics..
but allpro makes good s**
plus ima fan of tube

#14 ·
havnt looked into them.,..
but off topic real quick i thought you were GA-ttora not TN..just wondering..
on topic...
haha

#13 ·

What you guys think of that bumper?

#15 ·
it looks hella nice..how strong is it??i like it alot...

#16 ·
http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiToy.html
is there website.

They are in douglasville ga, and pretty good price. I think for that bumper its like 600 bucks for it. I think i found what i am gonna go with in a bumper.

#17 ·
I emailed the guy about more information on the bars.

#18 ·
o..iheard they are dicks...(i live in GA)..just passing on what i hear..but this dude who live near me i pass everyday to school has one of thier bumpers looks sweet tho...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.