TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got a small problem, i have the 6 inch trail master, extended king coilovers and a 3 inch body lift. i previously had the kings turned up ALOT for about 13 inches of lift, but was tired of the way it bounced when i hit any little bump, so i turned them down about 2 inches, now the front rides great but has this really weird bumping noise that you can feel in the floorboards on your feet, that only happens when you go over bumps really slow, it didnt do it when the kings were nearly maxed out, but it also did it when i had 3.5 fabtech coiolvers with the 6 inch TM spacer on top of them. so i dont think its the coilovers that are making the bumping feeling/noise. the second struts are brand new, i just replaced them with trail master struts i ordered from the website, and the bushing thing at the top of the struts is brand new, the triangle peice, i did the inversion mod too. all the seals and stuff in the struts are brand new and i put them in correctly. so i really dont know what the bumping feeling in the front is.

now for the back, i have 3 inch blocks, 1.5 inch add-a-leafs, and 2 inch shackles, plus my drivers side spring sags so i temporarily stacked a 1 inch block on top of that 3 inch block. so i have 6.5 inches of lift in the back not including the body lift, and the back sits up high as camel cock. i want to lower the back down about 2 inches and also replace the leaf springs. i was thinking abou ditching the blocks, add a leafs, and shackles and getting just 5 inch springs for the back. but i dont know what kind of shocks to get. right now i have some rancho shocks in the back someone gave me that are made for a tacoma with a 6 inch lift. but i want a softer riding shock. so my next question is what is everyones opinion on the best riding rear shock for a tacoma and how do i order one for 6 inches of lift? i dont know if i need regular shocks, like bilsteins or ranchos, or do i need some resevoirs or what, money isnt an option as my huge settlement check is scheduled to be here this week. so pretty much what is the best rear shock that money can buy?

as for running 39.5s to 42s, ive changed my mind, it would be nice but i think im just going to stick with a nice set of radial 38 inch tires, maybe some 38x15.50r16 mickey thompson MTZs. im still going to regear, but what gear ratio should i go with now, 5.29s? 4.88s? im still going to upgrade the brakes, probly do a rear disc conversion, a trac bar, and coolers for the auto tranny and the power steering.

if anyone could answer any of these questions for me or give me some advice, it would be very appreciated. the faster i can get this stuff done the faster i can get pictures up ;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
For 5 inch springs, get the allpro springs, I've read many good things about them and they are pretty inexpensive. With that in mind, you should also ask allpro to match some shocks to those springs, i'm sure they would have no problem. Some 5125s would suit your truck better than the ranchos i would think. You made a wise decision about not going with 42s. From what I have read, shit starts breaking all the time with large tires, i cannot imagine what 42s would of done.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
after reading all of that... Are you going to wheel your truck... or is this a Mall Rig??

I'd say SAS it!!(if your going to wheel it) don't fuss with CO's with that large of a tire... your going to snap shit really fast!!!

as for re-gearing... you'll prolly want to go with 5:29's if your going to run that large of a tire!!

Throw the Blocks away... they are a waste of money and will reck yer shit fast!! There are a lot of negatives that you have added to yer truck... but if you are not going to wheel... then you prolly will be alright, i guess... :eek:

Wow... Im scared :scared:

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your scared? wtf? and blocks probly wont "reck my shit" the only thing bad about them is they dont hold up to axle wrap very well, other than that, they are a cheap easy way to acheive rear lift and they keep your ride like factory if you use the stock springs. other than that thanks for trying :confused:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
colosusabbott said:
your scared? wtf? and blocks probly wont "reck my shit" the only thing bad about them is they dont hold up to axle wrap very well, other than that, they are a cheap easy way to acheive rear lift and they keep your ride like factory if you use the stock springs. other than that thanks for trying :confused:
watch who you get onto here. "The natives can get hostile" LOL. We are only here to help. The people above are 100% correct. 13" on 38's on IFS?!?!

once again, if you can clarify what you will be doing with this rig, we can help you out. There is no point in doing your truck out and spending extra monet to make sure you can wheel it if its a mall runner. If you want to run that big of a tire, the only right way to do it would be a SAS (soild axle swap).

answer some of our questions and we can help out. Just watch who you disrespect. Most of the ppl on here have made mistakes 100 times and are just trying to help

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
colosusabbott said:
i really hope you dont live here.... answer the kids what you want to use your truck for.... but i have a feeling that that sound your hearing is something related to the lbj or to your rack.... both of which are under just a little bit of stress right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts