TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the headlight harness from SUVLIGHTS for my 2002 Tacoma, and installation looks pretty straight forward, but it seems a little strange that the factory headlight socket that is farthest from the battery (passenger side) would be left empty and hanging. Is this really the case? Do I just wrap it up with electrical tape and pull the headlight fuse for that side? After installing my ARB bumper tonight I'm not really up to doing this install until tomorrow, so I hope somebody can respond by then....

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
I got the headlight harness from SUVLIGHTS for my 2002 Tacoma, and installation looks pretty straight forward, but it seems a little strange that the factory headlight socket that is farthest from the battery (passenger side) would be left empty and hanging. Is this really the case? Do I just wrap it up with electrical tape and pull the headlight fuse for that side? After installing my ARB bumper tonight I'm not really up to doing this install until tomorrow, so I hope somebody can respond by then....

i just did mine and yep, you just leave it there dangling(thats what i did anyways). been great over 1000 miles later.

much brighter than stock, but i did put in a higher wattage bulb at the same time(90w low beam, 130w high beam). the stock harness would not handle these bulbs, kept blowing the fuses. now, it runs fine

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
pertaining to this...

Those who have the SUV harness... ever have the hi beams quit working on the system ?

Just curious...

I'll have to pull it tomorrow... bad relay ?

I reconnected the stock wiring and all works fine... so I know it's something up with the SUV harness...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
That's what you get for buying used burnt sh!t?:lmao:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Not to mention the harness was dirty as fuck... RJ :rolleyes: (JK)

No worries tho'... tracked the shit down today and all is back on line...

I'm not sure if it's a stock plug or one that RJ slapped on there... But it's located nearer the battery connection where the two (+)pos wires tie together to a single ring terminal... Not sure of the purpose of this connection/plug... But I think I will omit it later as I don't see a reason for it...

Anywho... as I was tracing wires I came to find out that one of the wire connections in that plug was the culprit... and one of the positive leads coming into that had come loose... seems they're just crimped... fixed that and all is well...

Oh and thanks Snuffy :rolleyes: for nuttin'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts