TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rising Sun 4wheel drive club of Colorado is setting up this years swap meet and wanted to know if you would like to combine your event with ours. Last year we both had one about a week apart. I have a full page ad in the next Toyota Trails and we are sponsored by Slee Off Road this year. We plan on having it at the Jeffco Stadiums again and we hall full insurance already set up through TLCA. Your members do not need to be TLCA members to attend.

Mike Davidson
treerootCO

treeroot at root45.com

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Troy and Will Corder would be the guys to talk to. Troy because he's the Prez and Will because he headed up the event for us last year. Could be very cool!

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
What are people's thoughts?

It was a great event last year (especially the after party), but it took A LOT of work by Will, Jeremy, Rich, and others, and at best we broke even. I have to say there seems to be considerable value to getting most all of the benefits with only having to do half (or less) of the work...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Absolutely. It's not like the clubs "compete" with each other (or do they.....;) ) I didn't participate/go last year (I think I still had my Subaru beater at the time), but I'd do it this year as long as it's not at the end of July.

Plus - you only miss 1 weekend of wheelin.....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'd be willing to help, but with work and such I dont think I can take a lead on it. I can contact Rising Sun if anyone wants me to, unless someone else wants to.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Last year we broke even. Almost to the dollar.
We had an excellent turnout and a great time.
I feel that we can enhance our club's identity to the general public and the offroading community by doing our own swapmeet.
That being said, we need people to really take responsibility and prioritize their time towards the planning. This means spending money out of pocket for food, rent, promotion, etc. and hoping to get reimbursed from profits. It also means signing contracts, meeting with JeffCo, and recruiting vendors.

It may just be easier and more productive to join Rising Sun during their event. It'll probably be more fun, too. I'm interested to know what our costs will be co-sponsoring the event and if we can afford it. And, if we co-sponsor it, will we get enough recognition to make it worth our investment...because if not, we might as well save the club money and all go visit Rising Sun's events merely as spectators.
I'm willing to participate in any sort of volunteer role either way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can make it, please do. This is our 2nd attempt at the Rally and it should only get better from here. We moved it to Saturday and we plan on organizing trail runs Sunday.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spectators are more than welcome.

Feel free to set up an area for coTTORA and promote your club as well. We all share a common interest and I'd love to have you at the rally.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Ha, first pic on the flyer is the front of Mike Adams' FJ-45, and the back of my brothers old FJ-40 on 33" Nitto Mud Grapplers.

·
Registered
898 Posts
ok, i live literally 10 blocks for the swap meet. it would be a waste not to have a BBQ or something at my place afterwards. we can all convoy and do a BYOB cookout. anyone interested?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone is invited to the Rally and it should be a good turnout. We are working on a food vendor so there may be food at the event this year. Volunteers are certainly welcome but if you just want to come and have a good time, feel free. The more the merrier.

I'll be dragging a few disabled rigs just to show the work in progress so nothing is too ugly for this show :D I guarantee I'll have the rustiest rig at the event ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts