TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed to an all black tacoma on here? Trying to remember the name of the product that's supposed to be able to dye plastic. Contemplating going to aftermarket seats (corbeau rs) and thought an all blacked out interior would be kind of cool.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
You can try the stuff they sell at shoe shops for dying leather and plastic used for shoes, hand bags etc.

http://www.cedarshoetree.com/meltonian-lufe-color-spray-p-29.html

I haven't gone all black but I used it on some parts I made for the interior my truck. The Otter was a dead on match for the brown/tan interior in my Tacoma.

It comes in small spray cans and it's made to work on leather, plastics and vinyls. Since it's made for women to get their shoes and purses to match it comes in a shit load of colors too.

It has proven to be durable and it hasn't faded.

Has anyone changed to an all black tacoma on here? Trying to remember the name of the product that's supposed to be able to dye plastic. Contemplating going to aftermarket seats (corbeau rs) and thought an all blacked out interior would be kind of cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best thing to use is SEM auto dye. Clean and prep all plastics. If you need help locating or applying it I'd be glad to help. I do upholstery for a living. Always glad to lend a hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts