• TSL SX

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Not my favorite. The 39.5's are really undersized (wish I would have known that before I went to florida to buy them..) They are really closer to a 38. Lugs just arent big enough on them.

And I was running Pro-Comp Xtreme A/T's before them.
So what would you run ... within reason

·
Registered
130 Posts
I voted Iroks, they're lighter and slightly taller than the SX. I ran a set of tsl way back and I think the Iroks hook up better especially when grooved. the only benefit I see in the SX is the sidewall strength. Only complaint I have with Iroks is the wet traction on rocks but I'm not sure the SX would be any better. I've been looking at Maxxis Creepy Crawlers in 37s but haven't been able to find much feedback from people running them in the southeast.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nice! What air pressure is that?

So you'd go with a "sticky" tire? I'd love some stickies but sheesh... way outta my budget, not that I even have a budget :rolleyes:
8psi.

I run these on the street also, they do OK but they handle like a bias ply, meaning they roll quite a bit. Little rough on cold mornings for the first few miles then they round themselves out and ride pretty decent. They work well for the southeast terrain.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
8psi.

I run these on the street also, they do OK but they handle like a bias ply, meaning they roll quite a bit. Little rough on cold mornings for the first few miles then they round themselves out and ride pretty decent. They work well for the southeast terrain.
ill probably go with these next now that i am regearing to 4.88s. im tired of cutting sidewalls

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hows the mileage on the SX on the street? I know I was looking a the Irok Radials and alot of folks were getting great mileage out of them. Being I dont live around rocks my truck is used for a partial dd/hunting/screwing off in the woods truck and flexing out in the ditch at the corner store.lol

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Ted

Id go with the SXs . I have the SSRs now. They are ok and the work well since i drive on the street to the trail. My next set will be SXs unless i stumble onto a deal.

sent from my Galaxy 2 Skyrocket

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hows the mileage on the SX on the street? I know I was looking a the Irok Radials and alot of folks were getting great mileage out of them. Being I dont live around rocks my truck is used for a partial dd/hunting/screwing off in the woods truck and flexing out in the ditch at the corner store.lol
Havnt really kept up with it....for thier price though you may be better off to get a radial tire, they will last longer and ride better.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
How much your rig weigh?

My 2nd gen Taco is around 5500lbs, 8 psi is as low as I'll go with 17's and thy flex like crazy.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
15 Participants
SASbound
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing