TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good way to contact sway-a-way to get coilovers rebuilt? Lase week I sent an email to Ryan Shimp and he is yet to repsond, I've spoken with him via email before but not in the past couple of years. I made the assumption that he still worked there but of course I've been known to be wrong before. I also attempted to contact them via the email addresses on their webpage and each time they were kicked back to me as undelivered. So if anyone could provide me a little info, I'd appreciate it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
I just called them on the phone and the service was great! I just called and asked to speak to "tech support". I think the guys name is Brian???? I can be wrong, it's been a while..Keep trying, there good people... :2cents:
 

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
Joined
·
12,213 Posts
Talk to Camburg. They can do it for you, and they are supporters of this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jdblatt said:
I just called them on the phone and the service was great! I just called and asked to speak to "tech support". I think the guys name is Brian???? I can be wrong, it's been a while..Keep trying, there good people... :2cents:
I guess I may have to do that next, I was just hoping to talk with Ryan personally. He really hooked up a friend of mine a couple years ago when a ton of work on his coilovers. I've spoken with a couple times in the past and seemed readily available then, just hoping I could still get the same thing done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,904 Posts
when i called camburg a few weeks ago they said they dont rebuild shocks. they gave me the name of a company they send their shocks to but i forgot the name. when i decided to rebuild them myself(pretty easy) all the parts i ordered through camburg came from sway a way in san jose ca. heres the number 408-441-2026 i heard of them rebuilding them at that shop before.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
Dyingyak said:
Is there a good way to contact sway-a-way to get coilovers rebuilt? Lase week I sent an email to Ryan Shimp and he is yet to repsond, I've spoken with him via email before but not in the past couple of years. I made the assumption that he still worked there but of course I've been known to be wrong before. I also attempted to contact them via the email addresses on their webpage and each time they were kicked back to me as undelivered. So if anyone could provide me a little info, I'd appreciate it!
Ryan is the contact (unless he has moved on since last year). He may not be in right now :confused:
their rebuild facility is in San Jose, CA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
This is why i will Stay-Away from Sway-Away.....

Im not saying their shocks suck, but SO many people have already complained about their HORRIBLE customer service....if you read this thread from pg 1 youll see that the guy sent his shocks to be rebuilt and they were ignoring his calls etc., after sometime they were sent back, then he had to resend them, THEN when they came back his shaft BROKE! Click the link and scroll down and youll see the carnage.


http://dezertrangers.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=43092;st=60

http://dezertrangers.com/cgi-bin/ib...1;t=43092;st=60
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
marnes2986 said:
This is why i will Stay-Away from Sway-Away.....

Im not saying their shocks suck, but SO many people have already complained about their HORRIBLE customer service....if you read this thread from pg 1 youll see that the guy sent his shocks to be rebuilt and they were ignoring his calls etc., after sometime they were sent back, then he had to resend them, THEN when they came back his shaft BROKE! Click the link and scroll down and youll see the carnage.


http://dezertrangers.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=43092;st=60

http://dezertrangers.com/cgi-bin/ib...1;t=43092;st=60
actually Sway Away has had very good CS over the years. Just how many people constitutes "so many"? What types of problems? were any of them finally resolved? The link you posted relates to a different shock and application than most use them for here. At the moment there has been no explanation as to the cause of that particular failure so there is no sense passing judgement as to fault.

Ryan has been a contributing member here for years and if he is still with Sway Away he'll eventually jump in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
I for one have had bad experiences with SAW and one of their dealers. The problem in my case was due to the fact that SAW wont sell parts direct to the consumer and makes you go through a dealer, even though all the parts are shipped direct from SAW.

I quickly found out that SAW and the Dealer dont communicate as well as they should regarding the individual parts and what all you receive when you order specific individual parts.

I could go on and on about my 4 week ordeal to get the parts I needed for my shocks but I will spare you guys the long story(plus I dont think my fingers could handle all the typing).

Just know that if you ever need to replace the seal carrier that their are 2 components that make up a fully functional seal carrier in the SAW shocks(other than the 3 seals). Make sure you get both of them if you ever need to replace the seal carrier in your SAW shocks.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
brendog84cj8 said:
I for one have had bad experiences with SAW and one of their dealers. The problem in my case was due to the fact that SAW wont sell parts direct to the consumer and makes you go through a dealer, even though all the parts are shipped direct from SAW.

I quickly found out that SAW and the Dealer dont communicate as well as they should regarding the individual parts and what all you receive when you order specific individual parts.

I could go on and on about my 4 week ordeal to get the parts I needed for my shocks but I will spare you guys the long story(plus I dont think my fingers could handle all the typing).

Just know that if you ever need to replace the seal carrier that their are 2 components that make up a fully functional seal carrier in the SAW shocks(other than the 3 seals). Make sure you get both of them if you ever need to replace the seal carrier in your SAW shocks.

wow, that sucks. I never had any trouble getting parts from Ryan over the years, often in 2-3 days, max. I wonder if there has been some sort of shakeup with Sway Away since I've dealt with him. :confused:
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
Bomber52 said:
Ryan no longer works at Sway a way. He hasn't for a while now.

Glenn
thanks for the update...bummer as he was always very helpful.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top