TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got on my 2.5" toytec lift. Now it sits front high. :p time for the 63" chebby leaf swap. :D Anyway, I disconnected the sway bar end links to drop the a-arms enough to remove and reinstall everything. After I get everything back together, and run off to get an alignment, I start hear an annoying metallic clunk everytime I turn or hit a decent bump. Well, isolated it back to the sway bar, so I tried tightening em. No luck, so I ended up taking it off for now. Rides fine without, but I would like to have it on, as I do 98% on road driving.

Any tips to get the clunk to go away when I reinstall the end links??

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Turned out that I forgot to install one of the bushings on the end links. Make sure you've got bushings on the top and bottom of your end links and they are tight.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bushing are all there. the nuts end up in the same place they where before I lfted it, so nothing is missing. Just got an annoying clunk now...

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TacoDell said:
Remove the sway bar to be sure that is what is causing the clunk... Maybe you got what I have... http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52306
I don't run a sway bar...

Chief said:
....No luck, so I ended up taking it off for now. Rides fine without, but I would like to have it on, as I do 98% on road driving.....
Already did! :flipoff4: Removed the end links, but it still drives just fine, so the bar is coming off also. I think it's a non-issue now. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts