TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and read different tricks for disconnecting the swaybar permanently and temporarily but I'm still undecided. I've never tried it. I'm going wheeling this weekend, can I disconnect just one end? Has this been done and if so, what do I need to do?
Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
unbolt each end from the lca. its much better offroad. try it out on the street while its disconnected and see how you like it. if you want to leave it on for the street but off for trails, search the board here for "quick disconnects" to learn how or use wing nuts for a quick disconnect solution.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you going to try it without the swaybar don't half-ass it and only do one side. Do both or leave the swaybar on.

If your rig is the 96-04 variety you need a crescent wrench (or a ratchet wrench) and a hex wrench (don't remember the size). Just one bolt on each end of the swaybar and then use something like a bungee cord to keep the now floating endlinks from eating your bumpstops.

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
anyone did it on a 05+ ot not yet? I'm sure they have just wondering how they liked it?

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
It doesn't matter what vehicle, the end result is the same.

Disconnecting the swaybar increases travel...

Note that Parks writeup only applies to the 01-04 tacomas. The 95.5 to 2000 tacomas have different end links. For those you should remove the lower bolt on both sides and push the swaybar up and out of the way.

To keep it out of the way, you can ziptie one end in oplace, then cut it off when you are done wheeling.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Big ol wing nuts are the way to go. Homemade discos can get harder to reconnect as they get older and more beat up. Depending on the setup as well, a little play between metal pieces can lead to big clunking noises. The wing nuts can be easily removed or installed as long as you dont loose any of the bushings in the process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts