TTORA Forum banner

How many of you are running w/ or w/out a swaybar and who has had issues w/ balljoint

• Swaybar on no issues w/ ball joints

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Sway bar Off no issues w/ ball joints

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Sway bar On and have had issues w/ ball joints

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Sway bar off and have had issues w/ ball joints

Votes: 1 2.4%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
No swaybar for me but I'm LT

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I've always kept my Swaybar on and have never had any issues. I just recently (like 2 weeks ago) installed the WabFab Swaybar quick-disconnects, and when I was doing that I noticed that my Driver's side LBJ might need replacing.

...But my truck is coming up on 100K miles, so who's to say if the Swaybar had anything to do with that LBJ going bad...

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
No swaybar for me for about 2 years now. Stock UCA's and Donahoes. I love it, you just have to get used to the odd lean getting onto the freeways :D

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Yeah it's fun taking corners with no swaybar...especially with the extra droop from LT :D Only time it sucks is if you hit a big bump through a turn going fast on the freeway...truck likes to sway a little.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
no sway bar for about a year now, no issues. drives ok, little more sway than normal. nothing to be concerned about

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
No swaybar for me, over a year. DR and Camburgs and everything rides good. A little bit more lean on a hard fast turn but other than than, you can't tell a difference.

Mike

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Mines been removed for close to three years... and plenty of testing of the BJ's on the moderate to difficult trails... Trucks 7 years old and still on the OEM units...

I don't see that being an issue for BJ failure...

Top load spacers and other dumb shiat like that... yeah...

·
Registered
27 Posts
its a lot of fun had it off since I lifted the truck. No real issues. I did roll it, but i dont think it wouldnt have happened with the sways on, so. as much as they want for discos Ill ride without sways.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have it off, don't miss it a bit and do not plan to ever put it back on. With the hoes I can say, along with others, no issue. I think you, Allen, have OME(?) In all my reading here I do not recall any thread suggesting any ball joint issues relating to sway-bar removal.

·
Registered
597 Posts
:2cents: i have had mine off for about a year or so no problems a little more lean on the back roads but other than that not much difference, the flex is better and the ride offroad did improve slightly too

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
no swaybar, no upper bj(camburg uca), donahoe coilovers. good rear shocks that are dialed in make a big difference, love my kings

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
i forgot to reconnect mine after AZRoks, but i havent noticed a thing. i have dr's and tc uca's though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Took it off after I added the DR Coils in the front and Deavers in the rear w/ DR resi shocks, have not looked back since then.

Stats:
2002 PreRunner Single Cab
Coils set to 3 in lift
DEaver 8 pack in the rear
32 muds

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
with a good set of COs you can get away w/o one ...unless you have a lot of weight on the nose like a heavy winch bumper and armor...or are hauling a lot of weight in the bed.

mine was drivable w/o the SB but was 'interesting' in certain circumstances :p

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had no idea so many people were taking their sway bars off entirely. I figured the donahoe kit came with the relocator piece, why not use it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts