TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faker

This has happened a few times around here. There was a guy a couple years back that was pulling over girls with some flashers and raping them. Gee makes me think twice about pulling over. Near the end of the artical it says that you must pull over, well why the hell should I take the risk of being harmed?

YAY for having a great excuse to keep driving
 

·
truck ~n~ tow
Joined
·
10,917 Posts
bulletbikeguy said:
There was a guy a couple years back that was pulling over girls with some flashers and raping them.
Few years back there was a legitimate CHP here in SoCal that was molesting/raping and killing girl(s)... and he got caught and tried/convicted for the murder of one of his victims...

So how safe are you really... even with a real officer... ?

If you have concern... just continue to drive... to some public area where there are other people... You can explain yerself in court later if need be... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
bulletbikeguy said:
well why the hell should I take the risk of being harmed?

YAY for having a great excuse to keep driving

Keep driving... yeah that's the right idea--I hope it works out for you.


So in this thread are two to three examples of impersonation of officers to the detriment of society....let's say there's 2-300 times that many in reality...how many police are on duty in the country today....?....add the retired..... and do some math and come up with a % ...give me a round number...? I'd say it's less than you can put in hundreth's of a percent or in real terms, likely less than 1 in 10,000 that you'll be pulled over by an impersonating officer.... yeah the numbers are a total guess, but in the end you're probably more likely to be held up in a convenience store or in a car accident than this...

I guess what really bothers me about your statement or intention with your thread is to sensationalize something to make it bigger than it is...so you can legitimize breaking the law yourself--well besides possibly convincing yourself, I surely hope people read the article and read the real ways of protecting themselves if they are unsure about the legitimacy of a police officer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
hince why you should pull to the right, then when you notice that it's you that is getting pulled over, signal the officer and pull over in a public place. simple explination in court is all it takes. makes sure to show that you pulled to the right and stopped, like required, bu then relized you are being pulled over and did not feel confortable where you were (you can even state that the hyway was to dangerous) and drove to a public place. not as big of a deal as you think. i have done this before without even going to court, you just have to explain why you did what you did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Texan1983 said:
hince why you should pull to the right, then when you notice that it's you that is getting pulled over, signal the officer and pull over in a public place. simple explination in court is all it takes. makes sure to show that you pulled to the right and stopped, like required, bu then relized you are being pulled over and did not feel confortable where you were (you can even state that the hyway was to dangerous) and drove to a public place. not as big of a deal as you think. i have done this before without even going to court, you just have to explain why you did what you did.

That sounds very correct, safe, and appropriate...and responsible.

Your comment doesn't sound like:

"yay, for having a great excuse to keep on driving"...which sounds like ignoring completely that there's an officer trying to pull you over.... which sounds irresponsible
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,325 Posts
Pull over in a public place, roll the window down 2 inches, ask to see his badge, write down his name and badge number, look him in the eyes and call him by his name (Officer McHighwaypatrol?), hand him your driver's license and registration if asked for. If asked to exit the vehicle ask for another officer to witness.
If he's fake you've just called him on his bluff. If he's real he won't forcefully pull you from the vehicle until backup arrives...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
I have always been told to put on your hazard flashers and keep moving at a moderately slow speed. Hell, you could always call the local dispatch on your cell phone and tell them what you're doing and the officer is instantly notified.

On a related note, my cousin was just pulled over last weekend for having a blue strobe light on the interior of his car that pulsated to music. Local law enforcement didn't like that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,903 Posts
Let me see if I've got this right...

I'm driving along, minding my own business, right?

Then, this nut job that's disguised as a cop, driving a car that looks like a cop car, turns on some bogus lights that look like cop lights, and pulls me over.

So I pull over, right?

Then, the nut job comes over to my truck and rapes me.



All righty then.

Am I the only one here that doesn't believe that's going to happen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
What if they like old man fudge?


fast frank said:
Let me see if I've got this right...

I'm driving along, minding my own business, right?

Then, this nut job that's disguised as a cop, driving a car that looks like a cop car, turns on some bogus lights that look like cop lights, and pulls me over.

So I pull over, right?

Then, the nut job comes over to my truck and rapes me.



All righty then.

Am I the only one here that doesn't believe that's going to happen?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
i got pulled over by an undercover border patrol agent this summer.
he was in a white durango....in the middle of ####### no where in the desert in AZ, at midnight'ish. he was RIGHT on my ass, so i pull over, so does he.
if my truck moved, so did his- brights on the whole time.
i was about to draw down on the guy- i was freaked out, pissed off, and had no clue who was ####### with me.
then, the bastard turns on his visor cop lights.
####.
then....his k9 starts going bizzerk, which makes my dog go bizzerk.
i cussed him the #### out, telling him he almost got shot...i didn't know who he was...he was an #######...blah blah blah.
i have never in my life ever ran across a more ########'ish ####### in law enforcement.
he was a ####### ####### to the extreme, and i let him know it.
#### the border patrol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
SurfingDrunk said:
i got pulled over by an undercover border patrol agent this summer.
he was in a white durango....in the middle of ####### no where in the desert in AZ, at midnight'ish. he was RIGHT on my ass, so i pull over, so does he.
if my truck moved, so did his- brights on the whole time.
i was about to draw down on the guy- i was freaked out, pissed off, and had no clue who was ####### with me.
then, the bastard turns on his visor cop lights.
####.
then....his k9 starts going bizzerk, which makes my dog go bizzerk.
i cussed him the #### out, telling him he almost got shot...i didn't know who he was...he was an #######...blah blah blah.
i have never in my life ever ran across a more ########'ish ####### in law enforcement.
he was a ####### ####### to the extreme, and i let him know it.
#### the border patrol.
You actually told him that he almost got shot? You're lucky he didn't draw down on you and that you didn't get locked up for it. I agree there are some asshole LEO's but I don't think I would tell any of them "That you almost got shot".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
SurfingDrunk said:
i got pulled over by an undercover border patrol agent this summer.
he was in a white durango....in the middle of ####### no where in the desert in AZ, at midnight'ish. he was RIGHT on my ass, so i pull over, so does he.
if my truck moved, so did his- brights on the whole time.
i was about to draw down on the guy- i was freaked out, pissed off, and had no clue who was ####### with me.
then, the bastard turns on his visor cop lights.
####.
then....his k9 starts going bizzerk, which makes my dog go bizzerk.
i cussed him the #### out, telling him he almost got shot...i didn't know who he was...he was an #######...blah blah blah.
i have never in my life ever ran across a more ########'ish ####### in law enforcement.
he was a ####### ####### to the extreme, and i let him know it.
#### the border patrol.
You should've sped up, done a quick donut and put your lights in his face. If he wasn't going to turn on his strobes to signal to that he was a cop then you should've given your brights right back to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Easy folks; my comments were simply to bring focus to the irony of the situation. I am not planning to do anything which makes me think of running anyway. There is a reason I sold the sport bike. There is a problem with an article like that though. In one paragraph they talk about how someone is acting as a police officer, and then in the next they say you must pull over it’s just a ridiculous combination of statements.
All the posts about going to a public place are the correct answer of course, but any idiot knows that. My comment was made to be funny, for heaven sake I used the word “YAY” if you can even call that word. Relax a bit kids
 

·
truck ~n~ tow
Joined
·
10,917 Posts
bulletbikeguy said:
Easy folksMy comment was made to be funny, for heaven sake I used the word “YAY” if you can even call that word. Relax a bit kids
And you expected anything less ?.. Ha

There will always be a reaction... just never expect to be understood...

And you'll be aw'rite... LOL

Kids are great... they really don't know shiat... but they always have something to say... he he
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
KANEMAN23 said:
You actually told him that he almost got shot? You're lucky he didn't draw down on you and that you didn't get locked up for it. I agree there are some ####### LEO's but I don't think I would tell any of them "That you almost got shot".
scew that! i was livid and he knew it, but, i was rational. i never threatened him, rather explained that his lack of LEO procedure and the fact of his unmarked vehicle..the desert..the time..the NO one around for miles and miles...

i did tell him i was about to get out and draw down on whoever it was that was stalking/harassing/or being a threat to me. i was actually "scared", untill i realized it was a LEO, then i was pissed!!!!
he was a class ####### act dickhead.
it is not alright to do that, especially out in the middle of the desert, in a totally unmarked vehicle.

yea, that left me slightly bitter to border patrol agents. getting pulled over by the helo topped the cake.

(to ramble on... even if i would'a had anything on me, his dog was trying to kill my dog and visa versa, hence the "bust", if it were by the dog, would'a been thrown out..hell, everything from the getgo was bogus, and he knew i knew it.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
Texan1983 said:
simple explination in court is all it takes.
ya...but then your talking about going to court and having an attorney and all that a shit. I think most of us are physically big enough men that someone isn't going to think about stealing your ass...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
lol fast frank helps me make my point
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top