TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my speakers wired to my amp. I'm looking for some kind of switch to be able to change what speakers get power. Going to put this just before the amp. I am mounting two small ones in my tool box and need the switch to swap the power my amp is giving my two speakers in the back of the taco to the two speakers that will be out back.

Amp powers speakers A B C D, flip switch, now powers A B E F.

I have googled but I really don't know what to search for for this, and if anyone has any other ideas how to go about it I am all ears. I have a speaker control unit in my house to turn speakers on in different rooms, so that is where the idea has come from I guess. Just can't find the right version of it for my purpose.

Cheers!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wire in a DPDT switch or something similar; it's pretty simple but will work. And not to be a dick, no wiring diagram should be needed cause if you can't figure it out, you need to get a multimeter and figure it out. Basic electrical stuff like this is something every man should know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't think what I'm trying to do is basic. I have 4 wires coming from my amp and I need a switch that will send the signal to one set of 4, then another set of 4 when flipped. So really I need 12 ports.

I'm halfway through fabbing up my own. I'll post a pic when I'm done.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
could have been done with a few DPDT switches or 4 standard relays wired to one switch using the 87 and 87a terminals.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is what I was after, finally found one after a few hours.

Halfway through making one.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AC1640
Just wanted to say THANKS! I am looking to do something similar for camping and what not for speakers in the bed. I'm book marking this bad boy! Good luck wiht your wiring. Post some pics when you get things figured out, I'm curious to see what you have!

Thanks,

Calder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts