TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really need to replace my headlights but I was looking for something a little brighter, has anyone used the Sylvania Silverstar, are they good, is there something out there that is better? But I figure for $38.00 I really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
185 Posts
BLT2RCKTRD said:
I don't really need to replace my headlights but I was looking for something a little brighter, has anyone used the Sylvania Silverstar, are they good, is there something out there that is better? But I figure for $38.00 I really can't go wrong.

I installed the Silverstar last year in my 01 & they are definately an improvement over stock bulbs. Definately worth it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the Silerstars also and like them alot. Big improvement over stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have some silverstars in my car and they are an improvement, however I have seen some threads saying they don't last long ~ 1 year or so for many. I have only had mine for a few months so too early to tell.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I have had my silverstars for 6 months and love them, they are a definate improvement over stock.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info I think I will probably get them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
got em in my truck and on my bike. autozone. buy one at 19.99 get the second 1/2 price with 5 buck mail in rebate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I haven't read about it in a while, but last year when I was looking into Silverstars I was directed to get OSRAM Silverstars rather than the Sylvania. Apparently, they are made by the same parent company and sold under Sylvania in the US and Osram in Europe. The Osrams, though, don't have the blue tint to the bulb like the sylvania ones do. Not having this tint makes them brighter than the sylvania silverstar. I was convinced and got a pair on Ebay from the UK for about the same as sylvanias at Autozone after shipping. Now I've never had or seen the sylvanias, but these osrams are awesome. I am very happy with them and plan on sticking with them in the future.

·
Registered
148 Posts
ewarnerusa said:
I haven't read about it in a while, but last year when I was looking into Silverstars I was directed to get OSRAM Silverstars rather than the Sylvania. Apparently, they are made by the same parent company and sold under Sylvania in the US and Osram in Europe. The Osrams, though, don't have the blue tint to the bulb like the sylvania ones do. Not having this tint makes them brighter than the sylvania silverstar. I was convinced and got a pair on Ebay from the UK for about the same as sylvanias at Autozone after shipping. Now I've never had or seen the sylvanias, but these osrams are awesome. I am very happy with them and plan on sticking with them in the future.
Do you still have the ebay link to that auction? Or have the sellers name or store? Thanks

·
609 Posts
SurfingDrunk said:
i am pretty sure www.suvlights.com had them in stock at one point. i tried their website (which was pretty informative) but it is down.
try to contact them directly?
Email: [email protected]
phone: 626-967-3139
*here
http://www.electricalconnection.com/other-lighting/bulb_euro-hl.htm
Watch out for SUV Lights.com. I ordered a harness and the Osrams from then over 6 week ago now and haven't seen shiat. They are not returning calls or e-mails. I am about to open the can of whoopass on them if I don't atleast get a call. The last I heard was "they are shipping today". Here is another company that shipped my stuff in 2 days and has better prices for all around bulbs.Hella bulbs

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
my bad- i had thought they were a reputable company. i hope you get your items from them soon! that's a load of crap!
so you bought a new harness and bulbs from that other link you posted?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
upwithit said:
got em in my truck and on my bike. autozone. buy one at 19.99 get the second 1/2 price with 5 buck mail in rebate.
Is this a current sale, or do you need a coupon from somewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
208 Posts
Will the "H4" bulbs fit my '01??

Is "H4" the type designation for our headlights? They don't list '01 Tacomas. They stop at 2000.

Jody.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Outback said:
Will the "H4" bulbs fit my '01??

Is "H4" the type designation for our headlights? They don't list '01 Tacomas. They stop at 2000.

Jody.
yes, they will. (H4 lights are the same as 9003)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SurfingDrunk said:
i told you where to find the coupon in the freebie section.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2422
...since you might be to lazy to look at that thread with the link, i got it here for you so you dont have to do anything- nice- huh?
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/LightingForHome/CouponsAndRebates/
:bitchslap
I was talking about the buy one for $19.99 and get the second 1/2 off. Not the five dollar deal. But thanks for being a dick about it. :bitchslap

1 - 20 of 49 Posts