TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I saw a truggy build on Pirate that caught my interest....... the same build thread has been through 3 owners and the truggy has yet to see the dirt..... One of the mods really caught my interest and I thought....... the Syota needs that look.......

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A quick visit to usautoparts.com got me a FJ Cruiser grille on its way........ Now to make my junk look "kinda" like the other one. Here's some before pics'

I first took the old grille and headlights out as well as the tupperware that would be changed in the facelift process;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then some tube would have to be removed for re-alignment to the "facelift"

I soon realized that a winch mod was in store for the clutch so I re-clocked the selector to make room for the new grille;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out comes the bender and welder and lets see what we can come up with;

I liked what I saw so I burned the tubes in and mocked up the lights....... Former fog lights are now the headlights and I got a pair of the HID's from Brandon to add to the mix;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next was tupperware fenders;

I knew it wouldnt be identical to the one I stole the idea from and I didnt want it that way...... This is my version of what I think is a new look for the Syota with a little attitude.......

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was going to ask you about the Weed Wacker Mod, But I see you removed it,,,,Nice job Sy, truck looks great!

K-ton

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first 2 or 3 pictures you posted had a weedwacker under the front of the truck,,,I was trying to be comical!

K-ton

Were'd everybody go?
Ah, I didn't even see that under there before....... haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
Symon623
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing