TTORA Forum banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
LOL - didn't mean to make you all butt hurt Mr V8.
Not at all, just flippin shit like always. I have more fun driving it then Workin on it so there are a few obstacles I've done in the past that I don't need to do again. Devils highway hot tub is another.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Rocker Knocker is a little before this one..... we all did that one too, no video of it from this year since my new camera sucks the battery in video mode....

Cant watch vids on POS work comp but will check em out tonight.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Here is mine doing the same spot on pritchet
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/aztbob/moab 08/?action=view&current=M2U00074.mp4
But here is the next one I was talking about (rocker knoker they call it)- blew a 1/2 shaft right away and had to take the by pass to the left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_xSkqwmMU
Ur video is from chewy. Which is now about 6 feet taller at the bottom plus the off Camber part has bigger steps now. The one I posted is axle hill between rocker knocker and the rock pile.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
OK so its been almost a year of wheelin and driving this thing around and I must say it is friggin awesome to have all the excess power and torque......Especially on the highway, in the sand and in the snow. Thats where the motor really shows up..... crawlin the rocks I really dont notice any change until I have to bump something, I can bump much easier now.

Now for the issues, none really except for the engine heats up at freeway speed (70+ MPH) when ambient temps are 100°+. There is no ram air flow to help the fan cool/move air through the radiator to cool the system. Not a huge concern as little as I drive in these conditions but I went on a trail ride/camping trip last summer and it was a blast and I want to do this some more. I want to be able to put stuff in the bed of the truck without a 200° radiator melting everything so I thiought maybe I could move the radiator under the spare tire carrier and draw fresh air from under the truck..... NOPE...... Plan B was to move the radiator to the front of the truck where it actually belongs...... Hmmmmm.

I wondered if I should mount the spare tire in front of the bed or to the back?

I opted for the back of the bed to maintain more weight behind axle centerline for balast.....

Without the tire mounted;

Lots of room in front of the tire now;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Now to get the radiator, cooling fans, a tranny cooler and a P/S cooler up front........

Core support came out along with the hood latch, re-located the tranny and P/S coolers lower between the rails, next to the steering box, still well protected.

Tight fit here for the dual Spal fans;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
The look from the front really hasnt changed much cept for the aluminum core behind the winch and the hood pins;

Also I lost use of my winch as a suck down winch but realistiically speaking I dont do the obstacles where it will make a difference.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Just wondering how you mounted the radiator, in the pic's it looks like its just sitting there.
it is, that wont work? :confused:

same mounting points as when it was in the back but lowers are to the winch tray and uppers are to the shock hoops

121 - 140 of 142 Posts
About this Discussion
141 Replies
27 Participants
JJackson
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing