TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a good going over before a run, i noticed what I am pretty sure is a slight crack in my rear t case housing, its is almost in line with the front output, trying to figure this out , i remembered at superlift last weekend a buddy was looking at my rig and checking out where I had lowered the front end a couple inches, well in doing so, I failed to shorten my front shaft and it was bottomed out, i hadnt run any trails with it yet, but had done some urban wheeling in my front yard, (much to the delight of my wife). anyway before running that day i cut a couple inches off the female spline part of the shaft to give it room to move at compression.. I bet money I had "punched" my case with the front shaft bottoming out.. before I did any rear bump stops I had also hit my case on the "horse collar" crossmember which would have generated force on the case as well..... any way thought i would share my dumbassness so others wont do the same thing... oh.. the crack isnt leaking and really isnt bad at all, so I jb welded it best I could and plan to run it this coming weekend and keep a eye on it. I wheeled the piss out of it last weekend with no issues, so maybe it will make this weekend ok....till i can get it fixed.... :banghead: later Dave

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you don't come up with a replacement I have a spare transfer case that is tore down in my shop. You can have the piece you need if you'll let me know exactly which piece it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts