TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys my rear diff and t-case oils are nice and milky looking so what type of oil goes in my t-case and what oil should i use for my rear diff. thanks

its a 96 tacoma with manual trans and 3.4l

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many Liters dose the rear diff take 2.6L or 3L?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
96Toy said:
Hey Guys my rear diff and t-case oils are nice and milky looking so what type of oil goes in my t-case and what oil should i use for my rear diff. thanks

its a 96 tacoma with manual trans and 3.4l
Whoa!!! Time to change those oils quick!!! If the oil is milky white, then you got water in there and thats not good.

The manual recommends 75W-90, but its easier for me to find 80W-90 here in sunny So-Cal. If you can find 75W-90 up there, that should be better for the colder weather otherwise 80W-90 will work also.

You should consider changing the tranny and transfer fluids at the same time, as well as the rear and front diffs (if you are 4x4). You never know what all got water into it.

After you change the oil, run it for about 100km and see if the oil still shows signs of water (milky). If so, flush the fluids again. Then check again in another 100km and 750km after that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
About to do my first diff oil change. Just wondering if the drain and fill plugs had crush washers that have to be replaced? Thanks

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
Darksides7 said:
About to do my first diff oil change. Just wondering if the drain and fill plugs had crush washers that have to be replaced? Thanks
They have crush washers, but I've never replaced mine. I think they are like $0.50 from the dealer each.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts