TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am away from my truck right now because i am at my race for the weekend, but this problem has been eatting at me so looking for any input. right before i left i went to get my brothers jeep out of a little hang up and as i went into the woods i put it in 4 and the light on the dash did not come on. i have not been able to trouble shoot this but woundering if anyone had any ideas.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the truck goes into 4wd the light does not work would the vac lines affect that

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if it is enguaging 4x4 than the plug on the diff is the issue, its the same as the reverse light sensor on the manual tranny
ok thanks i should be home tomorrow and will look at it

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i pulled the add switch on the truck today and tested the continuity and according to my manual it passed, but this is my problem, the light still does not work and when i shift in to 4wd the locker only engages the front right tire, i have the diff out of the truck and if i use my finger and slide where the actuator is over it will engage 4wd so i am wondering if its the whole add actuator or all the sensors?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i replaced the add sensor and actuator from a t100 in the junk yard (lucky find) and the 4wd light came on and the front end was working correct. now after driving for 20min back roads or 5 min high way the light stops coming on, if the truck sits for a few hours and i start it and engage 4wd again the light comes on. i am using lucas 80w-90 gear oil and wounder if it is getting too hot causeing the 4wd to stop working. the dif does not feel hot but i am out of ideas.:confused::mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts