TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY Has anyone noticed the beds on their tacos rusting around the spots where the big plate of steel flooring is attached to the rest of the bed near the inside of the wheelwells around the frame? I noticed it and immediatly sanded it with 100 grit sandpaper an shot some white rustoleum on it under the bed mat, its not noticable but does anyone else have this starting? Its not very common I dont think but thats just my :2cents:

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Ive got all kinds of scratches and dents in my truck bed, and never spotted any rust. Just make sure you get that under control so you dont end up with a rust bucket. Is that a plastic bedliner? Those thyings are notorious for holding moisture under them. Id dump it and get a spray in if you were not wanting a bed that looks used.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its not a drop in, its one that has the toyota logo on it and says TOYOTA in the rear center, its a rubber one just for the floor, I like em.. and I plan on getting a spray in someday... and getting my paint touched up and buffed hardcore..

·
Registered
680 Posts
HA! Fuckin' guys from Texas/kansas.

Come to New England and try to find a spot on my truck that isn't rusting!

-Fear

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Finding rust on your truck is like going to a funeral early :(
that all depends on where you find the rust and the amount of rust.

when I was in texas, my bed actually started to rust over the scratched areas. It was merely surface rust. I hit the spots with a wire brush and primered them and no worries after 4 years.

Since moving up to the midwest My frame gets surface rust on it regularly. Heck if I have exposed metal it rust over night. Same treatment! wire brush and fresh coat of paint and all my metal is solid

Problem comes when you can't see the rust or neglect it! Now with all that said…I am checking for rust this weekend, my truck is about due anyway!

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
That's why I got spray in :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts