TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taco problem--please help a brother in need

Hey guys, I have a question. I have a 99 Tacoma with a 5" lift, 35's, front and rear lockers, a bobbed bed, ARB front bumper with Warn winch, etc. I'm thinking about dropping in a solid axle up front...anyway, I have a stock Alpine radio with huge woofers in the back and the volume knob doesn't work, anybody have any input?
Thanks in advance...I had pictures, but they wouldn't load.
See ya

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Try the on/off knob

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
what does this have to do with a sas? hahaha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Fixed it by opening up the hood, taking a really long screwdriver and connecting the metal ends to each of the battery terminals. Does the trick every time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
no for real, you are most likely gonna have to get a new radio.
If nothing else its a goo reason to upgrade.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think a good trailer hitch will do ya up just fine. Maybe add dry gas also, fuel can play havoc with a radio.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It’s the 35”s and the huge woofers…..

I have heard this interferes with the knob on the Alpine. If you convert to IFS out back, it will fix this.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
common problem its the radio knob bearing. its like a $0.75 part at the dealership. it takes about 5 minutes to fix.

dont listen to these other fucktards just call the dealership they will know what your talking about.

good luck man

·
Registered
98 Posts
elliot_irwin said:
common problem its the radio knob bearing. its like a $0.75 part at the dealership. it takes about 5 minutes to fix.

dont listen to these other fucktards just call the dealership they will know what your talking about.

good luck man
Tards....you are misinformed about knob bearing......these only apply to radios used on FJ40's if they are in a Tacoma it would be a sealed bearing at a cost of $0.89 , not to mention you need a friend to help re align your antenna.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
You need to give those woofers a good swift kick. If your foot goes through one of the speakers cones, just duct tape it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
dick, its "duck" tape. named after its ability to keep ammo boxes dry in WWII
water proof like a duck. and the original contained cotton duck...

after the war it was later used in the booming housing development to connect ventilation ducting.

just felt like kicking dick in the dick.

·
Registered
779 Posts
and now, here in America we spell it as DUCT...

·
Registered
779 Posts
actually, i wasn't planning on it...? but thanks duck tape-e

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Idiot it's duct tape for taping up ducting in HVAC system. Duck is a brand name and it's a shitty brand of tape to boot. I hate that shit. It's back to 3M the next time I stock up on duct and masking tape.
In the AF it was called high speed tape. They used it as a quick patch for bullet holes in aircraft skin.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Yes, Dick used it to fix a rip in the skin for the Wright brothers, and then sold the secret to the pilot of the Red Barron. Damn you are old Dick....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts