TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just to trying find what the lowest gears or doubler gearing anyone has done on a sas taco with an auto trans to the stock t-case..also cant seem to find what the 1st gear ratio is on the auto trans.. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
hey just to trying find what the lowest gears or doubler gearing anyone has done on a sas taco with an auto trans to the stock t-case..also cant seem to find what the 1st gear ratio is on the auto trans.. thanks in advance
Marlin has a bunch of charts on his website.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gears

looked up on marlin none of them say what the 1st gear is on the auto trans. they say on the 79-85 auto and manuals and second gen yotas, the only chart for the tacos only show the final crawl ratios with there crawl box.

my question was a real scenario on the trails, marlins site recommends anywhere from 70-100:1 crawl ratios i just wanted to see if anyone has gone lower than that and if any side affects to the trans or t-cases.. thanks mike

·
Registered
808 Posts
looked up on marlin none of them say what the 1st gear is on the auto trans. they say on the 79-85 auto and manuals and second gen yotas, the only chart for the tacos only show the final crawl ratios with there crawl box.

my question was a real scenario on the trails, marlins site recommends anywhere from 70-100:1 crawl ratios i just wanted to see if anyone has gone lower than that and if any side affects to the trans or t-cases.. thanks mike
I'm at 110:1 and think it does just fine. Plenty slow for crawling. I've seen others at 200+ and it's Mike Ross slow (sorry Mike:)) Mines a 5 spd manual, Marlin with 2.23's, trucks re-geared to 4.88's . (assuming V6) Auto's 1st gear is 2.8 and 5 spds are 3.8: http://pressroom.toyota.com/mediakit/autoshow/2001rel/toyota/tacoma-s.html

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
I'm at 110:1 and think it does just fine. Plenty slow for crawling. I've seen others at 200+ and it's Mike Ross slow (sorry Mike:)) Mines a 5 spd manual, Marlin with 2.23's, trucks re-geared to 4.88's . (assuming V6) Auto's 1st gear is 2.8 and 5 spds are 3.8: http://pressroom.toyota.com/mediakit/autoshow/2001rel/toyota/tacoma-s.html
226:1 is awesome (in a 5-speed). I don't know if it would be a good idea with an auto. If I were doing dual cases with an auto tranny I would keep 2.28:1 stock gears in the front case.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
When mine is done it will be 111: 1 with Marlins front case at 2.28:1. Here is how the new Taco's break down in the 5 speed auto tranny with the 4.0 in the prerunner and 4x4.
1st= 3.52
2nd= 2.04
3rd=1.40
4th= 1.00
5th= 0.72
reverse= 3.22
standard diffs are 3.727
mine are 5.38
stock transfer case, high = 1.00:1 low = 2.57:1
Marlin case 2.28
all equals to a 111: 1 crawl ratio for an automatic. Actually it's 110.96676:1:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hey thanks do you know if thats the same 1st geat for an 04 thats what i was thinking a stock front case and 5.38's thanks for the input.also your 05 is sickkkkk.. hopefully my shit will get done soon.. im just in a debate wether i keep my 85 4runner or sell it and build the taco?? what you guys think.. also i like to wheel the crap out of my trucks especially when the hammers are so close... but the catch is i owe 30k on the taco and nothing on the runner.. any inputs id apreciated.thanks

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
hey thanks do you know if thats the same 1st geat for an 04 thats what i was thinking a stock front case and 5.38's thanks for the input.also your 05 is sickkkkk.. hopefully my shit will get done soon.. im just in a debate wether i keep my 85 4runner or sell it and build the taco?? what you guys think.. also i like to wheel the crap out of my trucks especially when the hammers are so close... but the catch is i owe 30k on the taco and nothing on the runner.. any inputs id apreciated.thanks
I'm not sure what the 1st gear is in the 04. I'll check a little today.

Thanks for the cuddos.:D

·
Registered
680 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts