TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there i am getting ready to do a sas on my 98 tacoma for my chassis fab project in school and was wondering what size shocks everybody is running with their sas tacos? ill be putting in a set of trail ready front and rear leaf springs. yeah i know im on a marlin board and writing about trailready springs but their cheaper and i mean cmon who out there wasnt a broke college student at one time or another lol. oh and anyone go to wyotech? lol. any other help with this project would help to im an open box and need all sorts of info lol. thanks for the help

adam

p.s. if anybody wants to donate parts i wont mind at all either :D

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
like mike said build it flex it and measure. oh and your not on the marlin board.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ThePinkTaco went to Wyotech, did a sas at his school too, so you can ask him about the class, but his sas is linked, not leafs.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Im still here. I did it last class in PA. I was going to run Bilstein 5125s but the ones I bought were to long and came in a day late. When I got the truck back home I used some shocks I had laying around till I get the money for new ones. The bilsteins are nice shocks and alot of people run them but they are 75 a piece.

·
Registered
231 Posts
rancho rs 5000s are nice and u can get 13.5 inch travel(thats what i am running up front), or some procomp 15inchers(what ill be running in the rear after i go through the bed for shock mounts) both are about 40 bucks a piece in summit racing.
happy :saw: & :welder:
Matt

·
Registered
148 Posts
12 or 14 fronts depending on how much flex/droop you can coax out of the springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts