TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who is a sheriff in my county in Washington state let me in a little disturbing fact. There have been 110 tailgate thefts of Tacomas in my county alone!

I can't believe this! Has anyone else had this happen?

I am already looking at ways I can mount a solenoid style deadbolt in the tailgate. Anyone had to deal with this?

I am affraid to even go to the mall now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
WTF? Cat converters I can understand...but tail gates? Why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
mickdady said:
A friend of mine who is a sheriff in my county in Washington state let me in a little disturbing fact. There have been 110 tailgate thefts of Tacomas in my county alone!

I can't believe this! Has anyone else had this happen?

I am already looking at ways I can mount a solenoid style deadbolt in the tailgate. Anyone had to deal with this?

I am affraid to even go to the mall now.
Yeah, I hear you. I'm afraid to wipe my ass after I heard about all the e. coli outbreaks they've been having in toilet paper.

I'm not to worried about them stealing my tailgate though. My license plate is screwed into the back of it, and even if they removed it it would still look ugly. Besides, rural Washington is Meth central. They'll steal anything if its expensive and easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,467 Posts
Well maybe....



No, that wouldn't make sense...






But it could be because.....






No, no...I'm sorry but that's retarded. WTF are you doing to do with all those tailgates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,490 Posts
Me and my friend Chris (Me - 2000 Tacoma, Chris - 2003 Tacoma), both had our tailgates stolen in San Diego. Mine was stolen on the Navy Base while I was out to sea. His was stolen during the night with his truck sitting in his driveway (in a nice neighborhood) FUCKIN SUCKS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sisyphus said:
Besides, rural Washington is Meth central. They'll steal anything if its expensive and easy.
You aren't kidding. It is getting so bad up here. Crime has risen so fast in my area that it seems everyone I know has been affected.

I order me one of these.
http://www.pickupspecialties.com/poplock.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
I took a couple of them. I needed spares.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,093 Posts
I have got the poplock on mine, works great...also put a hose clamp over the right side so it slows them down and can't just lift the tailgaite out...cheap fix...
getting bad everywhere, some lowlife syphonned 10 gallons out of my tank last week...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Sisyphus said:
Yeah, I hear you. I'm afraid to wipe my ass after I heard about all the e. coli outbreaks they've been having in toilet paper.

I'm not to worried about them stealing my tailgate though. My license plate is screwed into the back of it, and even if they removed it it would still look ugly. Besides, rural Washington is Meth central. They'll steal anything if its expensive and easy.
Haha good point... well at least I don't have to worry about any of this... no nice neighborhood, no meth, and no painted/unscratched tailgate... :D but like this guy...
CronusTRD said:
I took a couple of them. I needed spares
ha only joking..wouldn't do that to a fellow Taco. Unless it was pick n' pull... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Rediculous. I hate theft.

I don't have to worry about my tailgate. My locking campershell door overlaps the tailgate, and I have a door pin switch in the tailgate jamb wired into my alarm system. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,364 Posts
Do the hose clamp fix. Any meth head, ass wipe who has to do more that 30 seconds worth of work or has to think past "where will I get my next hit", won't spend the time to fuck with it. These guys aren't exactly known for their intelligence or work ethic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
Never heard of people stealing tailgates. I leave my truck unlocked with the keys under the seat 60% of the time. That is plenty of security in these parts, guess we're just different up here???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
ljschnel said:
Never heard of people stealing tailgates. I leave my truck unlocked with the keys under the seat 60% of the time. That is plenty of security in these parts, guess we're just different up here???
You might want to change your habits. One out-of-town thief might ruin your week. It never hurts to be safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Interesting, so are you considered Snohomish or King? I've got to imagine it's worse in Snohomish than King.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
Just another hint the world is going to hell in a handbasket... I once had my bedliner stolen out of the back of a truck I had long ago while it was parked at the movie theater... who would have thought?! Owell, I guess they needed it more than I... :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top