·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #202

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Just have to get the top braces on and it's done.

The ends with the bottom bracket on. It bolts to the frame through the factory tow points.

Flux core tac weld

Badass Miller 250X

Owner of said miller

Thank you Brian!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Yeah the winch plate and 2x3 is square along with the gussets. The recovery points are 5/8" I think. I wanted to go heavy duty on the winch mounting schtuff so that I didn't have to worry about pulling it off or whatever. It's a little over kill as well as heavy as hell. The 4' x 4' sheet is 3/16" so it is gonna be one heavy ass bumper.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
They worked great! I didn't get a chance to do a lot of wheeling with them but they wore very well and I got something like 50k miles out of them. they had a good 5k on them but I got a flat and it was time anyway before moab.

I purchased another set of them as you can see in the pics.

I donno how they perform with heavy wheeling and airing up and down a lot but totally worth the buy in my experience. even if it's for daily driving or mild offroad.

the only hitch is that a lot of corporate tire shops wont balance them. (discount tire being one) Liability and all that. So I have been looking into Dayna Beads to see if they will balance out and I don't have to worry about taking them to a tire shop.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Got my axles from CVJ.

Need to throw them in now.

High angle Silicone boots, new bearings the whole 9

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
CVJ is cool they reman cv's, steering racks and press in quality wheel bearings. I bought a reman cv from them 2 years ago, it's held up well. I did tear the "high angle" boot on the first wheeling trip after installing the axle though.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
how did you tear it?

I haul whales that eat horses in the bed of my ferd f-teen thousand

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #215

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
More done on the bumper this weekend!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Thanks!

More coming

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #219

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Ever since the frame swap I have not been happy with the brakes on this thing. I know that I had a bad master cylinder because the pedal would sink to the floor slowly. And now that I have to get new pads on the front I decided to pull the trigger and put the tundra brakes on.

So, I have calipers and rotors for a 2005 tundra v8. The S13WG casting is the caliper I chose. It is a 213mm caliper and I believe that it will be perfect for what I need. The larger tires have taken their toll on my brake system and I need to upgrade.

I purchased a set of calipers and rotors from car quest, as well as a master cylinder and some DOT 4 brake fluid. Walked out of there for just under seven hundred bucks. I get 200 for core's when I get a set.

I got a set of Toyota pads because I have heard a lot of people say that the added surface area helps with stopping power.

Toyota sells the shims separate so I had to purchase those as well, making the bill at Toyota a little ridiculous then I got the Brian's mooch friend discount and it came out to a little over 125.

Pics of parts coming soon.

201 - 220 of 223 Posts