TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a first gen SAS tacoma does anyone plate the frame past the body mount? I haven't seen any in all the reading I have done, so it seems maybe it's overkill. We are thinking about cutting off the body mount and sliding a plate in that goes all the way to the front of the frame, and then welding the body mount back on. The other concern is I'm going to be using the AOR bumper cross member. For my year, this requires a 2.5" frame extension. It seems like a good idea to atleast plate the connection between the extension and the frame, since the front hanger will be connected to this cross member.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I wouldn't bother if you're linking it. If you dont mind doing the work for a peace of mind then I say do it. Or you could do what I did in the rear of my frame is to cut a plate out to fit in the body mount. Some might say you'll weaken it doing it that way over what you're talking about. My thought on it is anything is stronger than the stock frame on these trucks. Just take it slow welding and you'll be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts