1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yawn. Toyota needs to put in the diesel or STFU about what has become a rather expensive truck.

·
Registered
368 Posts
yeah I just posted that pic in the random pic thread last night. I don't like the grill/bumper combo and the unnecessary amount of lift in the hood. I'm guessing they tried to make it look more like a small Tundra since Tundra sales are higher than Taco sales.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think the off-road model is pretty nice looking. I'm planning on buying one next year when the 2017s come out. I don't buy cars the first model year they come out. Its not bad in my opinion. But i won't be getting rid of my 02 anytime soon.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
gonna be nearly impossible to get a real bumper on that thing.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently it gets an Atkinson cycle engine. Basically means the intake valve shuts some time ~after~ hits bottom dead center, so the effective displacement is smaller since there is some blow-back in the intake. THats what I've gathered, feel free to correct me. Suppose to be better for efficiency so it'll be interesting if they get much better milage.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That's a very Ford'ish looking grille.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By MOPAR you're referring to the hood/grill I take it? I Like the truck from the windshield back, but Toyota keeps trying to go for the 'big' look with the front ends. It's stupid.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Meh.. New grill/bumper. I still never plan on buying a new tacoma since they made them wider in the 05 change(or any truck of the "small" trucks). I do like the color though:D I didn't see any stats on the new motor hp/tq #'s. I'd think with loosing a half litre it would be hard to make the same #'s as the 4.0, but with newer engine technology they have been doing it.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
I'm surprised they put a 3.5 instead of the 4.0. I know the 4.0 was originally rated for 236hp in the taco and 4R and 263hp in the fjc, and I recently noticed the numbers had increased to 270hp in the 4R.

I have a 2010 3.5 camry and it's listed at 268hp and 248tq and the hp is closer to 300ish in the Lexus version. And I've seen a toyota supercharger on an Austrailian version of the camry with the same 3.5 motor.

The 3.5 camry can scoot! 0-60 in 5.8 and a top speed of 160mph. It is very surprising IMO for what it is, a mid-size, affordable sedan. Then again that's after 14 years of driving a 2.7 Tacoma. But it's impressive IMO.

Be interesting to know the real numbers on it. But either way I'm leaning with the "it's ugly" crowd. Not real happy with the "face lift" on the '15 runners either.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I'm surprised they put a 3.5 instead of the 4.0. I know the 4.0 was originally rated for 236hp in the taco and 4R and 263hp in the fjc, and I recently noticed the numbers had increased to 270hp in the 4R.

I have a 2010 3.5 camry and it's listed at 268hp and 248tq and the hp is closer to 300ish in the Lexus version. And I've seen a toyota supercharger on an Austrailian version of the camry with the same 3.5 motor.

The 3.5 camry can scoot! 0-60 in 5.8 and a top speed of 160mph. It is very surprising IMO for what it is, a mid-size, affordable sedan. Then again that's after 14 years of driving a 2.7 Tacoma. But it's impressive IMO.

Be interesting to know the real numbers on it. But either way I'm leaning with the "it's ugly" crowd. Not real happy with the "face lift" on the '15 runners either.

not a big fan of the front end either. Then again I dont ever really like the new designs, then they grow on me after a few years.

the reason tundras are out selling the tacomas is because they are almost the same price. You are getting a bigger truck with more power for not much more than the tacomas. MPG isnt that much different either. You get MAYBE another 3 MPG with the tacoma.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts