TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a cage obviously. The a-pillar will be inside the cab (duh), and has already been built. It bolts to the sliders, via a piece of 2.5x2.5 box tubing cut in half and bolted together as you can see in the picture. I plan on reinforcing the sliders with some gussets to stop any movement of them, because before they moved minimally on hard impacts. I will have a door(beside seats, as close to the floor as possible) bars that go through the back of tha cab and connect to the b-pillar. You can see where the a-pillar was cut off, and a connecting piece will be welded on and go out the top of the cab to connect to the b-pillar.

The rear (bed area) will be completely cut up and redone, basically starting from scratch.

I am not going to mount the seats to the cage right now, but since the bar will run right beside them it wont be very far down the road.

My main concern is that I won't have a bar in the center of the cab going back to the b-pillar. I think that it will be fine w/o it as I won't be doing any Nascar style rollovers, and with the square braces in each corner I think that should strengthen it sufficently.

Any suggestions/ideas on what I have done so far?

Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I wasn't going to post the one off NC4x4 because that might run their bandwidth up. Either way there are the pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts