TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board here, was referred to you guys by Pirate 4x4. Anyways, had a question. The rear end of my Tacoma (98 4wd) sits about 3/4 inches lower on the passenger side than the driver side. I figured maybe the leaf spring is sagging a bit but would like some input from those of you who have either had similar problems or know how I can fix it. I suppose I can get the spring re arched but I would prefer to just buy another set of springs so they are even again. Thanks in advance

Ryan

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
SAStoy said:
New to the board here, was referred to you guys by Pirate 4x4. Anyways, had a question. The rear end of my Tacoma (98 4wd) sits about 3/4 inches lower on the passenger side than the driver side. I figured maybe the leaf spring is sagging a bit but would like some input from those of you who have either had similar problems or know how I can fix it. I suppose I can get the spring re arched but I would prefer to just buy another set of springs so they are even again. Thanks in advance

Ryan
Ryan,

It's very comon with Toyota rear springs. There is actully a left and a right for those trucks. The driver side is the heavier side and prone to leaning that way. You can have it re-arched but you would be better off with a new spring. Your next problem will be most aftermarket springs give lift and I don't think you want lift in the rear but not in the front?

There are a ton of choices for springs. I sell Deavers, which are not the cheapest but they make one of the best qaulity springs out there, they also stand behind there products. They retail about 475.00 for a full pack set or 200.00 for a 3 leaf add leaf.

If you want to do more aforable springs Northwest off road, All pro, downey, Aor and a few others sell some decent priced springs.

any quesitons feel free to e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
951 Posts
look in the cheap tricks section, there is a link to a good spring pack rebuild page. I will be doing the same thing in the near future and ditch my blocks in the process.

Boheefus

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boheefus said:
look in the cheap tricks section, there is a link to a good spring pack rebuild page. I will be doing the same thing in the near future and ditch my blocks in the process.

Boheefus
Thanks a lot for the reference. I read it and just need to find myself a cheap set of springs in the meantime. Then its :welder: (cutting actually)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
SAStoy said:
Thanks a lot for the reference. I read it and just need to find myself a cheap set of springs in the meantime. Then its :welder: (cutting actually)
I have 2 sets of stock leafs. LMK if your interested in one or both of them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mandymh said:
Is it that the driver side spring is stronger because it is heavier?

It seems that the passenger side is always the one that sags.

I was wondering the same so I posted this in the suspension folder

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2224
Yes I don't know what he was talking about but my passenger side is the sagging side. I read the write up and am looking to get me a pair of springs. For those of you who have done it, can I use older springs (lets say from a Pre-Tacoma truck) to hack up and build my own pack with?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know if I can use any old Toyota leaf pack or does it specifically have to be Tacoma leafs to build a new pack with?

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
You can use any springs of the same width. Seeing as how you are modifying the length of them anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
SAStoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing