TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a '98 four banger Tacoma... what I need is front and rear lockers, nothing too beefy, just a moderate trail rig, but I don't wanna get stuck. Any good lockers out there not too expensive for a 4 cyl??

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
musicman said:
Hello all, I have a '98 four banger Tacoma... what I need is front and rear lockers, nothing too beefy, just a moderate trail rig, but I don't wanna get stuck. Any good lockers out there not too expensive for a 4 cyl??
ARB front
Lunch box in the rear if ya don't wanna throw an ARB back there

next time post in :newbie: tech

or search ;)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I think he should just weld the shit. Thats cheapest.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
jhunter said:
If he has manual hubs, would you not put the ARB in the rear and the lockright in the front?

Lockright in front = poor steering in 4WD; don't get me wrong, they work great for traction...but I'll never put a non-selectable locker up front again.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Mr Tacomi said:
Lockright in front = poor steering in 4WD; don't get me wrong, they work great for traction...but I'll never put a non-selectable locker up front again.
I see. I was thinking rockcrawling... I forget there is other types of wheeling out there. Had them front and rear in my old truck, but only time I used 4wd was in the rocks. Worked great.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
musicman said:
Lockers can still get you stuck...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I used to get stuck in traffic every day.

·
Registered
351 Posts
jhunter said:
I have yet to see any truck, with any mod, not get stuck a time or two.
I used to get stuck, then I got front and rear ARBs, now I usually break something before i get stuck, and when I get stuck it's not the quick yank on a tow strap stuck, it's the work all day and night and pray kind of stuck.

Be warned :D

·
Registered
908 Posts
SEREvince said:
I used to get stuck, then I got front and rear ARBs, now I usually break something before i get stuck, and when I get stuck it's not the quick yank on a tow strap stuck, it's the work all day and night and pray kind of stuck.

Be warned :D

X2 times as bad for me (without) sigh!!!!!!!!! still saving my pennies

·
Registered
24 Posts
I never get stuck.....temporarily delayed, yes....but never stuck.

The amount of delay is directly proportional to how many brain cells I used to get in that position, but correlates well to vehicle preparation also.

As such, acting like an idiot usually results in large delays, unless vehicle is equipped with un-fuck-up tools such as winch, lockers, recovery straps, etc...maybe a spotter (or two) in short shorts and tight white t-shirt---course that might cause distractions which could very well likely result in less brain cells used (read: impress hot chick) and subsequently create a much longer delay....

still never stuck, though..... :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Radio Flyer said:

The amount of delay is directly proportional to how many brain cells I used to get in that position, but correlates well to vehicle preparation also.

As such, acting like an idiot usually results in large delays, unless vehicle is equipped with un-fuck-up tools such as winch, lockers, recovery straps, etc...maybe a spotter (or two) in short shorts and tight white t-shirt---course that might cause distractions which could very well likely result in less brain cells used (read: impress hot chick) and subsequently create a much longer delay....

HAHA great post.

I am thinking twice about the lockrite in the front now after reading this thread.
hmmmm......

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
"Delayed" I like that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Radio Flyer said:

The amount of delay is inversely proportional to how many brain cells I used to get in that position, but correlates well to vehicle preparation also.

Fixed. :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
19 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing