TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that my input shaft bearing on my Manual Transmission gone wild (2000 Tacoma 5VZ-FE). It makes quiet a noise and its progressing. So I need to change it.
Knowing good Japanese quality, I want KOYO bearing. I checked the dealer, but its over $90.
Where can I get original Japanese made KOYO bearing except the dealer?
Wheer do you guys source for KOYO bearings?

·
Registered
422 Posts
How many miles are on the clutch itself? marlin sells new clutch kits with bearings for $300. Once you're that deep in there, personally i'd do the whole job...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many miles are on the clutch itself? marlin sells new clutch kits with bearings for $300. Once you're that deep in there, personally i'd do the whole job...
I just put the HD Marlin clutch this winter. I may have 500km on it or less.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can source the bearings through most bearing and driveline shops, but you need to know the bearing number first. That will be stamped or etched on the bearing.
Exactly, I need the bearing Part Number.
Does anyone knows what part number is it?
I don't want the shop take the tranny out find the number and then charge me for the time vehicle would sit there waiting for the bearing. It would be much better to have the bearing before starting pulling everything apart.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Here is the Timken part # and size

TIMKEN Part # 201CC 32 mm O.D.; 12 mm I.D.; 10 mm width

You should be able to call a good bearing shop and they can cross-reference.

Of if you are fine with timken (made in japan), you can order from rockauto, they are $6 http://www.rockauto.com/

or you can get Nachi (also OEM) for $10 in canada, http://www.autopartsway.ca/PartDetails.cfm?W0133-1640688/NAC/Toyota/2000/Tacoma/SR5/3.4L_V6/allB/Transmission_and_Transaxle_-_Manual/Manual_Transmission_Components/Clutch_Pilot_Bearing/pagenum1/tabS

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I just put the HD Marlin clutch this winter. I may have 500km on it or less.
We are talking about inside the trans. right? Not the clutch at all. Input shaft bearing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are talking about inside the trans. right? Not the clutch at all. Input shaft bearing.
Yes, its input shaft on transmission bearing.
I recently did the clutch with its bearing. The issue with another bearing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have one sitting at my parents house. I will try to remember to take a look at the bearing the next time I am down there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts