TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my mind made up on getting a new Tacoma, but the Tundra is very close in price which makes this decision hard. Why wouldn't I spend a few hundred more and get a v8 and more room? The only thing I give up is a few mpgs. Plus the tundra looks sooo much better.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Don't be a pussy, Get a motorcycle....dual sport, so you can off-road it and daily drive it too. V8?... Nah, V-twin. It'll look better than a Tundra or a Tacoma, get better gas mileage and go faster, plus you won't have to give drunk friends rides home.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
don't be a pussy, get a motorcycle....dual sport, so you can off-road it and daily drive it too. V8?... Nah, v-twin. It'll look better than a tundra or a tacoma, get better gas mileage and go faster, plus you won't have to give drunk friends rides home.
v twin = painfully slow

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
It was a joke because he said V8. :D

But the Ducati 1199 is just a taaad fast.
The dukes are cool bikes but they are no 300hp turbo'ed hyabusa and don't have anywhere near the HP potential of a busa. With 1/4 mile drag racing its all about the hp, the dukes are slow at the strip compared to the rice rockets.:cool:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am I imagining things or does the 4.0l have less power than the old 3.4l? I drove a 4.0l yesterday and it reminded me of my old 3.slow. The damn thing would hardly get out of it's own way. I may just have to get the Tundra. I really don't need the extra size, but the Tacoma just doesn't seem to be a good value.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The dukes are cool bikes but they are no 300hp turbo'ed hyabusa and don't have anywhere near the HP potential of a busa. With 1/4 mile drag racing its all about the hp, the dukes are slow at the strip compared to the rice rockets.:cool:
How did we jump from "That bike is slow" to "that bike isn't a 300+ HP straight line dedicated track-only drag bike"?

Any 1000CC+, water-cooled semi-modern sport or sport/touring bike is more than sufficiently fast for street riding... even a slower one like an SV1000. It's not going to win you any superbike races, but it's still faster than 90% of the cars on the road from a dig to about 80 MPH.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
How did we jump from "That bike is slow" to "that bike isn't a 300+ HP straight line dedicated track-only drag bike"?
Haven't you see me post before? I am all over and usually off topic.;):):lmao:
Really eh, I just think your making fun of me.:p:):cool:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Not sure which option package you test drove, because weight might have had an impact, but here are the specs:

Stock 2014 Taco:

4.0 V6 236 HP

Curb weight:

Access Cab Manual: 4105
Access Cab Auto: 4140
Double Cab Manual: 4195
Double Cab Auto: 4220

Stock 2004 Taco:

3.4 V6 190 HP

Curb weight:

Xtracab Manual: 3515
Xtracab Auto: 3540
Doublecab Manual: N/A
Doublecab Auto: 3705

I got all this info from the Toyota Sales brochures available at http://www.toyotareference.com/

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
So then according to Toyota my 3.4 exta cab manual has better HP/weight ratio than the 4.0 manual access cab?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they over estimated those numbers on the 4.0. I could have put ecar's sister in the passenger seat and still beat at 4.0 with equal weight.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I think they over estimated those numbers on the 4.0. I could have put ecar's sister in the passenger seat and still beat at 4.0 with equal weight.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
I had the same feeling when I test drove an FJ Cruiser. I felt that the power was lacking compared to my 1st gen taco.
I've only driven a 4.0 once, and I might just be used to my slow ass 4cyl, but god damn that thing was fast. It was Sarah's white Tacoma, so it wasn't exactly light or aerodynamic.

I HAD to get on it once just to see what it'd do. I had a huge smile on my face. :D

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
:lmao:
I have three sisters (one named Shannon...true dat) but I don't have any brothers, except you guys.:kewl::missingto:doh:
I don't mind being the black sheep, whatever brings a smile.:cool::)
I am obviously damaged goods anyways,;) who in their right mind would hang with you guys for 15+ years. I have taken more abuse than a toilet seat in a Mexican restaurant around here, and have still yet to be truly offended in any way. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts