TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through a miscalculation on my part in attempting to drive my motorhome into and out of a shallow dirt ditch while turning it around, I managed to get almost all the way through the ditch, but my spare tire, which is mounted underneath the rear, managed to get stuck in the dirt, elevating my rear tires so I lost traction. The rear tires were in the ditch and spinning. So, after quickly analyzing the situation, I unhooked my Tacoma from the hitch, backed the Tacoma up, put the rear tires into a parallel ditch to provide additional anchoring,unspooled my winch line, hooked it up to the receiver hitch on the m/h and proceeded to winch the m/h out of the ditch. I then had to use 4wd to get the Tacoma out of the ditch I purposely put it in. After repositioning the m/h and completing my turnaround, we hooked the Tacoma back up and were on our way. Unfortunately, I was so concerned about freeing the m/h, since it was blocking a road, I didn't get any pictures'

I wonder what folks thought as I went about hooking up that little bitty truck to pull out the 34' m/h. They probaly laughed until they saw the results. Another sucess story for Toyota!!!

Bruce
Somewhere in the Mojave desert.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Through a miscalculation on my part in attempting to drive my motorhome into and out of a shallow dirt ditch while turning it around, I managed to get almost all the way through the ditch, but my spare tire, which is mounted underneath the rear, managed to get stuck in the dirt, elevating my rear tires so I lost traction. The rear tires were in the ditch and spinning. So, after quickly analyzing the situation, I unhooked my Tacoma from the hitch, backed the Tacoma up, put the rear tires into a parallel ditch to provide additional anchoring,unspooled my winch line, hooked it up to the receiver hitch on the m/h and proceeded to winch the m/h out of the ditch. I then had to use 4wd to get the Tacoma out of the ditch I purposely put it in. After repositioning the m/h and completing my turnaround, we hooked the Tacoma back up and were on our way. Unfortunately, I was so concerned about freeing the m/h, since it was blocking a road, I didn't get any pictures'

I wonder what folks thought as I went about hooking up that little bitty truck to pull out the 34' m/h. They probaly laughed until they saw the results. Another sucess story for Toyota!!!

Bruce
Somewhere in the Mojave desert.
Great Job Bruce, show them what Tacoma can do.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Way to go, Bruce. I'm sure the spectators were probably thinking "NO WAY!!"
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.