TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first of all, what exactly is the difference between a 1995 and a 1995.5 tacoma?

secondly, I have a 2WD tacoma that is the low to the ground version. I was wondering what kind of suspension lift i should get in order to raise it to about 2-3 inches above pre-runner ride height. I only have 800 dollars max.

I was looking at a fabtech basic 0-3.5 coilover lift. But i heard those started to sag after a while. Then I was looking at a Donahoe package, but i couldn't find any retailers. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Ok first of all, what exactly is the difference between a 1995 and a 1995.5 tacoma?

secondly, I have a 2WD tacoma that is the low to the ground version. I was wondering what kind of suspension lift i should get in order to raise it to about 2-3 inches above pre-runner ride height. I only have 800 dollars max.

I was looking at a fabtech basic 0-3.5 coilover lift. But i heard those started to sag after a while. Then I was looking at a Donahoe package, but i couldn't find any retailers. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tacomas came out in '95.5. before that they were just Toyota trucks ;)

the only lift kit for mini tacos is from Fabtech. Nothing that works on the Prerunner/4x4 will work on the mini...completely different suspension. This is a 3" kit. So, to get 2-3" above the Prerunner hight you will need another 3" and a body lift will be your only option.

with only $800 to spend you are SOL. by the time you get the kits and get them installed the price will be over the $2k range.

Frankly, you won't find much of anything for a mini on this forum. check out customtacos.com instead.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ya, $800=SOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright so there is pretty much nothing i can do until i can get more cash then right? Will the fabtech 3" coilover bring me just 3 in above what im at?
is that the regular ride height?

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
alright so there is pretty much nothing i can do until i can get more cash then right? Will the fabtech 3" coilover bring me just 3 in above what im at?
is that the regular ride height?
the FT kit for minis is a 3" suspension kit that replaces the spindles and a bunch of other stuff. check out Fabtech's site for details and find a distributor for pricing...it won't be cheap.

again, I suggest you head over to Customtacos.com

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
if you want to get 3" over stock prerunner/4x4 height, you're best bet is to save your money, sell your truck, buy a prerunner (or 4x4) and lift it 3".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok then what about just getting it to stock TRD ride height? could i do that for the cash that i have available?

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Ok then what about just getting it to stock TRD ride height? could i do that for the cash that i have available?
again, no. The suspensions of the two are completely different with nothing that in interchangable w/o a lot of $$ and fabbing skills.

for the last time...you will get more information that you are looking for on CT, not here.

·
Registered
219 Posts
put a body lift and some bigger tires, thats about $800

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
put a body lift and some bigger tires, thats about $800
not when you add the needed regear since he has either 3.15s or 3.42s in that thing now...won't pull much larger than the OE 205s with that 2.4.
Does anyone even make aftermarket gears for the 7.5" rear?

·
Registered
219 Posts
not when you add the needed regear since he has either 3.15s or 3.42s in that thing now...won't pull much larger than the OE 205s with that 2.4.
Does anyone even make aftermarket gears for the 7.5" rear?
good point. regearing will be a lot of money

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
good point. regearing will be a lot of money
there very well may be ways to lift the minis that don't cost a ton of $$ but there will be few, if any, people on this forum who will know anything about them. the guys on CT deal with minis and street trucks on a regular basis and will have the knowledge we here don't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts