TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyone who sells tacoma sac kits other than all pro and sky manufacturing? Any info would be appreciated.

·
<null>
1,805 Posts
What is a SAC? Last time I checked, they were called SAS kits, and this section was Solid Axle SWAP.....

SAC is for Demello homersexuals :flipoff4:

rephrase your question properly and someone might answer.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
Does anyone know of anyone who sells tacoma sac kits other than all pro and sky manufacturing? Any info would be appreciated.
I understood your question and have seen lots of people refer to it as SAC. Front Range Offroad also makes kits for them.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
nope, Sky makes kits for early trucks only. FROR has just the front spring hanger kit. Balistic Fab does have most parts needed for a 3 or 4-link swap.
AP is the only place left that has a full kit and even that needs some extra fabbing depending on what axle you go with, etc.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Try Marlin, or Trail Gear, maybe Trail Tough (oops, Suzuki), Ballistic, Blue Torch, WFO (Auburn, CA)... about the time you've researched all the vendors, you'll know your answer! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
well im not gonna give you shit....ill just say this. Once you start your swap, you will see why no one sells a kit. The rear spring hanger mounts are kind of a sketchy area of the swap. Depending on what crossmember you use and what leaf springs you use, the spring hanger location will vary a little bit. So IMO, thats pretty much why no one sells a kit for them. Then you get into shackle angle debates about how far the shackle should be back and what not. The only way to really sell a kit would be to say here you are gonna 35s, run these 2" waggy springs, use the waggy 44 SOA, use this front and rear hanger kit with these shackles. But even then you get into who ever does the SOA has to set the caster correctly and if thats not done right then some might claim the SAS kit is bad and what not. Its just a complicated mess IMO.

EDIT: I assumed you were doing leafs, if you are doing links then nvm all of that lol

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Try Marlin, or Trail Gear, maybe Trail Tough (oops, Suzuki), Ballistic, Blue Torch, WFO (Auburn, CA)... about the time you've researched all the vendors, you'll know your answer! Good Luck!
none of them sell kits for Tacomas, early yotas only.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
none of them sell kits for Tacomas, early yotas only.
shhh! I'm trying the sideways search tactic... once he's been to every vendor site and realizes just how different a Tacoma is from an IFS Toyota pickup, he'll have learned a bunch, and I wouldn't have had to say: Search Noob!

shit. too late. damn.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
kind of off topic but did anyone have the ORS kit? It looked nice on their website but i dont remember seeing anyone actually buy it.... probably why they are doing so well now!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
kind of off topic but did anyone have the ORS kit? It looked nice on their website but i dont remember seeing anyone actually buy it.... probably why they are doing so well now!
It sure did but I have yet to see a truck with that kit. :(

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
What is a SAC? Last time I checked, they were called SAS kits, and this section was Solid Axle SWAP.....

SAC is for Demello Cool dudes....:cool:

rephrase your question properly and someone might answer.
There... Fixed it for ya...;)

Solid Axle Conversion. Came way before Solid axle Swap:p

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
There... Fixed it for ya...;)

Solid Axle Conversion. Came way before Solid axle Swap:p
hmm, is that what Robert C called it?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
hmm, is that what Robert C called it?
I'm not sure Robert called it that but the term was used way before Robert did his conversion....I mean swap;)

It was being used in the '70s when people were converting gremilns, vega's and pinto's in 4x4's.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I'm not sure Robert called it that but the term was used way before Robert did his conversion....I mean swap;)

It was being used in the '70s when people were converting gremilns, vega's and pinto's in 4x4's.
well, we were taking Tacomas, right? :p and I believe 'swap' was the original term used...at least going back to the old days of ttora (toyota TACOMA off road assoc.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts