TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a real headache here i just got done doing a sas swap on my taco and i went to bleed the brakes and got everything brand new i got new autozone calipers and pads and brake lines from front range off road and when i go to bleed the brakes i get air every time and i believe i am doing it right start with the longest brake line first and do the lpsv last and when i do the brakes i bleed each caliper about six to seven times and usually the last five bleeds are all brake fluid but then when i am done i start it up and the pedal just slowly goes to the floor. and i know the master cylinder is good it worked perfect right beofre i switched to sas

·
Registered
453 Posts
My master cylinder worked fine before the SAS...After , I had the same problem, my pedal would slowly go too the floor...I put a new master cylinder on and no more problems............ :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I DID NOT BENCH BLEED IT. AND I AM PRETTY SURE IT DIDNT GO DRY I HAVE ORDERED ONE OF THOSE MOTIVE BLEEDERS AND WILL BENCH BLEED IT THEN BLEED THE BRAKES AND TRY THAT BUT THE DAM THING HAS GOT ME FRUSTRATED :mad:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Bench bleeding can take quite a while but its the only way to get the air outta that thing or you'll be at the calipers every day for a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Hey Liltaco, mine drops slowly as well but only to about 2/3'ds the way down. I'm running 4 wheel discs. I've had to stomp on it to keep from hitting asshats who pull out in front of me and it grabs hella well. I've had to lock them up a couple different times. I've power bled mine, folks tell me that's how it is and that mine work better than most. :dunno:

·
Registered
114 Posts
i don't have a solid axle, but my pedal does this too. i'll pump the brakes to build up pressure but regardless of how much pressure builds up, the pedal will still creep all the way down. does this mean i should look into bleeding my brakes?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
LILTACO said:
I DID NOT BENCH BLEED IT. AND I AM PRETTY SURE IT DIDNT GO DRY I HAVE ORDERED ONE OF THOSE MOTIVE BLEEDERS AND WILL BENCH BLEED IT THEN BLEED THE BRAKES AND TRY THAT BUT THE DAM THING HAS GOT ME FRUSTRATED :mad:
Hang in there, bro. It will all be worth it the first time you wheel it. :)

Tim

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Motive Products. That is all.
Oh yeah except for adjusting the rear brakes before you start bleeding.

·
Registered
497 Posts
HisDudeness said:
i don't have a solid axle, but my pedal does this too. i'll pump the brakes to build up pressure but regardless of how much pressure builds up, the pedal will still creep all the way down. does this mean i should look into bleeding my brakes?

Sounds like the master cylinder is going out on your truck. The same thing happened to mine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i guess i'll add that to my list of things to eventually replace. if i ever get motivated and the trees stop dropping this pollen crap, i may get my ass under the truck and bleed the brakes just to see if it doesn't help the situation before i rush out and get a new master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You could bump up to a T-100 MC. It has a 1 1/16" piston I think which is just slighter smaller than the chevy MC. You shouldn't need to run the chevy MC with only chevy fronts. I am running Chevy disks on all 4 and am still using the stock MC. I also added a proportioning, and a 2 lb residual valve for the rear disks. Brakes work great. If you go too large on the MC your pedal response will suck. But you may also find that the MC is just bad and all works great as is. Good luck.

-Trent

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Dick Foster said:
In your case, your master cylinder is probably too small.

Maybe so, but it'll put your head into the windshield if you're not wearing a seatbelt and stomp on it. I may upgrade, but no mulah now.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
The problem is the rear calipers. The stock MC doesn't have the stuff for disks front and rear. If the donor vehicle had drum rears, you're not going to be in much better shape.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I Am Going To Try An Bench Bleed The Brakes On The Truck And See How That Goes Then Attemp To Puch Fluid Through The Lines With A Vacuum Type Pump To Get All The Air Out Of The Lines And Then Finally Hook Up The Lines To The Mc. Good Idea Or Bad?

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Does sound like a MC problem. when I did my SAC, I went straight to Rock stomper and bought their chevy MC and adapter plate. I have had not issues with my brakes and if anything, my brakes are better with the SAS than they were before.

And all my other components were were autozone parts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts