TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a freind of mine was telling me that there is a tacoma specific salvage yard near long beach.is this true, and is there anyother good places to find 4x4 tacoma parts?

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
Pick n Pull

Local junk yards

eBay

TTORA

Google

TAP (but they are a ripoff most of the time)

Another, like TAP, but it's up near Sacramento I think... forgot the name

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
taco graveyard sounds like heaven

·
Registered
779 Posts
Oppositeboy said:
Pick n Pull

Local junk yards

eBay

TTORA

Google

TAP (but they are a ripoff most of the time)

Another, like TAP, but it's up near Sacramento I think... forgot the name
Ther is a TAP in SAC... it IS a ripoff :mad:

·
Registered
422 Posts
A-GUEST said:
Ther is a TAP in SAC... it IS a ripoff :mad:

TAP did me right..

I wanted to install a TRD rear-end on my non TRD 97 Tacoma, got the whole thing from the third member out to the drum brakes for only $800.00. I thought it was a good deal.

Looked pretty funny stuffing it in the back of my 94 Martix with the seats folded down.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
that would be nice, haven't heard of anything in LB though :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
there's one in clairemont called cal mini's. they have all trucks, but i seen a lot of tacomas there. also there is in mira loma near the 15 and the 60 fwy

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bent Wheel said:
TAP did me right..

I wanted to install a TRD rear-end on my non TRD 97 Tacoma, got the whole thing from the third member out to the drum brakes for only $800.00. I thought it was a good deal.

Looked pretty funny stuffing it in the back of my 94 Martix with the seats folded down.
I went there looking for parts for a 62 caddillac and they were asking a rediculous price for the parts... we ended up driving in in a 75 cutlass droptop and out with a tranny from a 64 chevy shoved into it.. (the tranny made the olds look small. ) granted Toyota parts are cheaper but I still wasn't too pleased withTAP.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what exactly does tap mean? the reason i am asking for good salvage yards for tacomas is that i want to convert my prerunner to 4wd

·
Registered
779 Posts
Tap is a car "recycling" center... ? http://www.taprecycling.com/ they have tons more than just yotas and lexus but main focus is toyota... call ahead make sure they have what you want... you're at edward's? lond drive and from looks of site just the local 916 (sac) site..

EDIT: http://www.taprecycling.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album15&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php inventory of tacos... at sacramento... hope this helps? I don't know of anything down south.. lo siento amigo

-Alex

·
Registered
539 Posts
there is a place in santa clara called toy wreckers

·
Registered
779 Posts
toywreckers? sweet got a link??.. (too lazy to google) thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
my bad there called toy connection.. there near de la cruz and 101

·
Registered
290 Posts
usaf_taco said:
a freind of mine was telling me that there is a tacoma specific salvage yard near long beach.is this true, and is there anyother good places to find 4x4 tacoma parts?
if your ever in washington state there is 2 of Toyota specific ones.

·
Registered
183 Posts
TAP is the biggest rip off ever, and they have some real a$$holes working there. I think the name means Toyota Auto Parts btw.

I'm definately going to have to check out cal mini, I didnt know it was so close to me.

·
Registered
552 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts